As our Director of Customer Success, you will be integral in developing the strategy and building out and managing the Customer Success function. This is a hands-on management role where you will work with our customer success team who is responsible for onboarding, renewing and expanding our customer base to achieve our customers key objectives with our solutions.
Success for this position will be measured by time to onboarding, retention and growth metrics.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a team of CSMs responsible for onboarding, optimizing, renewing our customers.
- Collaborate with Sales, Sales engineering and Support teams to prepare account plans and support our customers with the right resource at the right time
- Manage the Customer engagement and lifecycle process
- Develop methods to identify and address at-risk accounts and collaborate with other departments to provide resolution
- Track the impact of activities on customer engagement, retention and growth
- Meet or exceed growth and retention metrics
Achieve operational excellence
- Standardize the approach to onboarding, engaging, retaining and expanding our customers by building playbooks, process etc
- Define and oversee lifecycle processes/touch points, including exec sponsor program, EBR process, “listening” points (e.g. on usage, NPS), and others
- Personally manage escalations from CSMs, and follow a methodical escalation process to executive management
Drive true value for customers
- Find ways for CSMs to deeply understand our customers’ objectives and become a trusted right-hand advisor
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI) delivered
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Sales engineering, Support, Product, and others, to improve our overall value proposition.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Advocate for changes in other departments’ ways of working (including our on-boarding process) and collaborate with them to implement those
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop
Drive alignment with Renewals,Expansion, & Sales
- Align with sales on renewal and expansion strategy and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Give feedback on which use cases are growing
Own key metrics for your team
- Retention, Expansion metrics
Recruit, mentor, & inspire a world-class team
- Build a pipeline of great candidates
- Set expectations on performance and give feedback
- Set up training and mentoring to grow team
- Communicate to drive performance
- Propose improvements to your team’s organizational structure
We'd love it if you have:
- CSM management experience in a technical product ie Database technologies, Developer Technologies, Cloud technologies.
- 5 years of experience in customer success
- Approximately 3 years of managing a function or team
- Demonstrable history of meeting or exceeding goals
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work effectively with a globally distributed team