Mission: The Mission of St. PJ's Children's Home is to be a safe and loving refuge for children in crisis and to accompany them on their journey to healing and wholeness, breaking the cycle of abuse and neglect one child at a time.
The Team Leader is responsible for the daily care and supervision of children in the emergency shelter; ensuring their health, safety and well-being are protected.
· *Maintaining a nurturing, therapeutic and safe environment by:
o Establishing a consistent daily routine.
o Providing appropriate supervision at all times; monitoring environment and mass media (movies, TV, radio, written materials) for appropriate content.
o Assigning age appropriate chores.
o Plan and execute appropriate activities to decrease boredom and restlessness. Request necessary supplies for special occasions and/or special activities;
o Maintaining living areas in a reasonable state of cleanliness and good order.
o Maintain adequate supplies for cleaning and other dorm related items.
· *Providing for the children’s physical needs by:
o Obtaining and helping children maintain clean, adequate, appropriate and nice clothing and other personal items;
o Being a positive leader in the shelter, at St. PJ’s and in the community. Displaying appropriate boundaries and role modeling of adult interactions.
o Providing and developing enrichment activities
· Additional Duties of Team Leaders:
· This position provides direct oversight to DCS within their assigned house and reports to both the Shelter and evening supervisors.
o *Actively participate in all quality assurance activities as well as team meetings, to ensure quality care and accurate and informed services by all team members.
o *Ensure that all mandatory trainings required of the employee remain current.
· Must be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
· Adhering to safety training and protocols on a daily basis, and taking precautionary measure to ensure the safety and well-being of self, others.
· Responsible for protecting the confidentiality of any information or material obtained in the service with the organization to include but not limited to client names and information, services rendered to clients, donors names and gifts, internal and external investigations or results of any investigations, and financial information.
· Adherence to the Code of Conduct and the Faith and Moral is mandatory.
· Every employee is required to take a solution-oriented approach in their interactions and undertakings, as well as being a team member that promotes collaboration and commitment to the Mission and Vision of the organization.
· Other duties as assigned by the Shelter Supervisors and/or Program Director.
o High School diploma or equivalent.
o Minimum of 1 years of child care experience preferred.
o 2 years of completed college coursework preferred.
o Must be 21 years of age or older.
· License and Credentials
o Reliable transportation
o Valid driver license
o Valid vehicle insurance
· Must provide immunization/shot records;
· Submit to a state and federal background check, Child abuse and neglect registry check, and Tuberculosis screening;
· Be physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of performing assigned tasks and have the skills necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
· Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Microsoft Word, Excel) and a variety of online database systems, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology;
· Strong analytical and organization skills and abilities;
· Must be able to read and interpret policy, procedures and standards;
· Must be detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, work well independently and on a team;
· Must have good written and verbal skills;
· Must have good critical thinking and problem solving skills;
· Must be able to remain calm and composed in crisis situations;
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, etc.) ** This is a Grant funded position and salary is dependent on funding availability. Position can be eliminated at any time because of lack of funding to support this position.**
St. PJ’s Children’s Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To view this and other employment opportunities please visit The Archdiocese of San Antonio website at www.stpjhome.org. You must apply through the website and complete the application and upload your resume. No phone calls please. If you are chosen for an interview, you will be contacted