Job Title: Office Manager
Department: Headquarters Main Office
FLSA Status: Exempt
Spectrum Management, LLC has been serving the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 22 years and provides a comprehensive array of services that include construction management, facilities management, and real estate development services. Spectrum is currently seeking an Office Manager to provide day to day support to the headquarters management team as well as field management, personnel and assist with projects and tasks necessary to the operations of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and provides excellent customer service to clients and visitors to the Main Office.
- Screens and appropriately directs incoming calls to the Main Office.
- Receives, logs, sorts and distributes all incoming mail, FedEx, UPS and other packages delivered to the office.
- Assists in preparations of proposals, by reviewing and formatting deliverables.
- Ensure that all business documentation is in good standing (business license, CBE recertification, HUBZone certification, WMATA recertification, etc.)
- Utilizes Excel to prepare spreadsheets to track department expenditures.
- Prepares, proofs and edits various documents, forms, and reports.
- Coordinates and distributes routine company-wide communications.
- Manages and monitors purchasing and inventory of general office supplies.
- Acts as primary contact with outside vendors that provide office equipment services for coordination and scheduling of vendor activity as needed for office projects. Works to obtain the best price available from vendors and coordinates all returns/service issue activities.
- Ensures the reception area, conference rooms, and pantries are tidy and stocked for upcoming meetings/events.
- Orders and distributes uniforms, cell phones, computer equipment and business cards. Maintains inventory records of all uniforms, cell phones and other special ordered equipment.
- Communicates and coordinates IT/computer maintenance requests with IT Manager as needed.
- Research all local newspapers, periodicals, magazines, and online news sites daily to provide a news summary regarding the District of Columbia to the President.
- Maintains monthly management team calendar of scheduled leave, anniversaries, events, and birthdays, including preparation of monthly birthday cards, special event notifications and funeral notices, etc.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Tasks involve frequent standing and walking, or frequent lifting (up to 10 lb.); manual dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of cleaning supplies and equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
- 3 years of relevant office management/administrative experience
- 1 years of experience with data entry and reporting using Excel
- 1 years of experience of formatting proposals or similar documents using Microsoft Office programs or Adobe products
- Spanish/English bilingual ability highly preferred.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with Adobe products a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to spot errors and inconsistencies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and give direction to others
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard.
- An extended period of sitting at a workstation or desk. Manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and composing of documents
- Task requires:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability.
- The job will require up to 25% regional travel.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Spectrum Management is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.