A well established organization with its corporate offices located in Deer Park, NY is seeking an experienced Human Resources Professional with a proven track record in recruitment, employee relations, payroll administration, compensation, benefits, talent management, and workforce planning to join their team. In this role, you will serve as a trusted advisor and resource to managers and staff on existing HR issues including performance management, development, team building, employee relations and conflict resolution.
(Please note, this position is On Site at our Deer Park location. All potential precautions are taken to reduce the risk of Covid 19 for ALL of our employees)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with leadership team to understand and execute organization’s human resource and talent strategy as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention and succession planning.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Administers Compensation Program.
- Manages Company’s performance review process and revises as necessary.
- Oversees benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation.
- Completes I-9 forms for all new hires/rehires and maintains I-9 files.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, interns, and temporary employees; develops and places employment advertisements on various job boards through applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Performs routine audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and updates as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of benefits structure, the administration of, and ability to evaluate and offer improvements.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Creative thinker and proactive problem solver.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively utilize tools and resources to accomplish goals.
- Calm demeanor with ability to diffuse difficult situations when rarely necessary.
- Experience with recruiting; technology sector a plus
- Experience with HRIS, preferably with ADP Payroll
- Familiarity with managing 401(k) plan (enrollments, terminations, etc). Prior experience with Empower a plus.
- Experience with ATS, preferably with BambooHR.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams and Google Chat.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when necessary.
- Ability to act with professionalism, integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Functional understanding of social media and promoting the “why” of being part of our organization.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive Human Resources experience preferred, or
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM -CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- $50,000-$65,000 Commensurate with experience
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- Regular compensation reviews and bonuses