Food and Beverage & Culinary
Renaissance Austin Hotel, 9721 Arboretum Boulevard, Austin, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Assists with supervising food and beverage/culinary daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Assisting In Managing Day To Day Operations
- Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
- Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Performs hourly job function if necessary.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
|You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.|
Source: Hospitality Online
The job skills required for Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager include Customer Service, Guest Service, food service, Customer Satisfaction, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Customer Service
1 Day Ago
For the skill of Guest Service
1 Day Ago
The following is the career advancement route for Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Senior Operations Manager that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager. You can explore the career advancement for an Assistant Food and Beverage Operations Manager below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.
3 Weeks Ago