The Customer Service Representative/Call Center Representative is the first point of contact that a patient will interact with when accessing the health center. Representatives play a vital role in making our patients feel supported and welcomed. As such, a high level of customer service must be practiced and delivered.
The Call Center Representative shows empathy and sincere interest for our patients’ needs. Assists patients in effectively navigating through the system and advocates for their needs and is an integral part of the home clinic operations and care team.
Covid-19 Vaccination and Boosters Requirements:
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including "health-care" required boosters as a condition of employment, subject to limited exemptions. New employees are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted before the first day of employment. If you completed your primary series, received an original booster and it has been more than 2 months from that booster dose - it is recommended, but not required that you receive the Bivalent booster.
- Extends excellent customer service to anyone in contact with the call center.
- Answers patients and customer queries regarding the organization and its services in a timely manner.
- Handles high volume of patient calls, meeting targets and appropriately directs challenging situations to Call Center Supervisor.
- Uses appropriate communication templates within the Electronic Health Record System (EPIC).
- Assesses need for translation at visit and accurately enters registration information in EPIC.
- Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate clinical and demographic information during the scheduling process.
- Accurately enters data in scheduling system and other applications.
- Provides patients with appointment instructions and alternatives.
- Retrieves messages from the cancellation line and patient prompt report.
- Removes appointments from schedule and calls patients to reschedule per protocol.
- Maintains and manages wait list for home clinic binder.
- Proactively manages appointments schedule by calling patients with appointment alternatives due to cancellations or no-shows.
- Adheres to HIPAA and confidentiality laws regarding health information protection. Maintains integrity of patient data.
- Treats patient data with strict confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Effectively communicates with Call Center Supervisor to bring issues to his/her attention.
- Follows guidelines for special requests/Stat/schedule modification procedures and coordinates communications with clinical areas to accommodate the patient requests.
- Answers telephone calls according to designated scripting for the scheduling process.
- Maintains positive customer service at all times, referring unresolved issues to Call Center Supervisor.
- Provides patients with directions and confirms appointment times. Advises patients on required paperwork to bring for appointments.
- Adheres to MCC’s Code of Conduct and represents clinic in professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required.
- 1-year experience in an administrative medical environment, health insurance, or related field is preferred.
- Prior Customer Service experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with the Electronic Health Records System (EPIC) preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must effectively communicate in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese is highly desired.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, service oriented Call Center environment.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Minimum typing skills of 25 wpm, with accuracy.
- Ability to use good judgment to problem solve, minimize and correct errors.
- Direct calls accurately.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist other Call Center Representative as needed.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Use of mouse, keyboard and headset.
- Moderate to loud noise and intermittent interruptions.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
MCC is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.