We’re always looking for talent that believes in having fun. At PENN Entertainment, you’ll get to be a part of an exciting industry, where the days and nights are fast paced. You’ll work with an incredibly diverse set of co-workers driven by their enthusiasm for helping people find and have more fun. You’ll also get to work at a company that cares about your career growth and will help you get the support you need to expand your possibilities.
Come, join us. It’ll be fun.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Responsible for culinary standards and operational guidelines within a specific outlet for a specific shift including kitchen areas, food preparation activities and facilities
- Administers all aspects of food preparation ensuring kitchen is clean, well stocked and problem-free
- Recommends changes on all standard menus and consistently strives through menu planning to improve food costs, volume, quality, attractiveness and efficient preparation of all food related items
- Ability to perform the functions of any culinary task assigned within kitchen such as broiler, sauté, Asian and prep when needed
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State and Company sanitation requirements (ServSafe)
- Supports safety and accident prevention programs (knife handling, proper lifting)
- Monitoring/implementation of garbage separation and disposal as per standards
- Responsible for coordinating work flow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction
- Visibility to customer, soliciting/requesting feedback on food quality and responds to guest concerns appropriately and professionally to resolve any issues
- Presents oneself as a Credit to Company and encourages others to do the same
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred
- Two years progressively more challenging experience in a large volume, high quality food establishment
- Knowledge of menu planning, soups, sauces, meat, poultry and seafood items is required
- Knowledge of Food & Labor costs - Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills required
- Must possess excellent customer service and employee relations skills
- Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues
- ability to work collaboratively with other departments and leaders to complete property/corporate initiatives and effective day to day operations
- Compliance with all regulatory, governmental, and safety requirements
- Effective labor management to minimize overtime and ensure appropriate staff assignment to guest traffic flow
- Development of team to include completion of all required training and knowledge of all policies and procedures relating to their positions
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment
- Knowledge of and compliance with department, property and company policies and procedures
- Maintain health department standards and regulations – inspection scores should be at or above standards
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with
We’ve grown to become the most innovative omnichannel provider of entertainment experiences, thanks to our 12 retail brands representing 43 destinations across North America, online gaming via Barstool Sportsbook and theScore |BET.
Being an industry leader means more than being a purveyor of fun. We are also committed to values like diversity and sustainability — for our community, our team members, our vendors, and our planet.
Click HERE to learn more about our career opportunities, programs, benefits, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Starting at 40,000 annually based on experience.
The job skills required for Sous Chef include Customer Service, Food Preparation, Initiative, Menu Planning, Teamwork, Problem Solving, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Sous Chef.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Sous Chef.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Customer Service
For the skill of Food Preparation
The following is the career advancement route for Sous Chef positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Sous Chef,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Kitchen Manager that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Sous Chef. You can explore the career advancement for a Sous Chef below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.