We are not your typical financial advisor and we are not looking for the typical candidate. We are a team of authentic, humble, passionate, reliable, dedicated, and compassionate individuals. Our goal is to find and reward great people that support our collaborative work environment. Our passion for providing industry-leading service to our clients is what drives us. We are looking for team members that can make us even better!
For almost three decades, Dowling & Yahnke has been part of a revolution in wealth management that has now spread throughout the industry — independent, transparent, and world-class financial advice driven by personal relationships and free of competing incentives.
We started our firm for a simple reason — it was the right thing to do. Others have copied our model, but we continue to lead the industry through a commitment to continuous education, a time-tested and academically supported investment philosophy, an unwavering dedication to our clients, and a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
For these reasons, Dowling & Yahnke is one of the largest independent, fee-only wealth advisory firms in San Diego, managing over $5 billion for more than 1,000 clients. We serve high-net-worth clients by offering objective financial planning advice and investment management services.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and experienced Client Service Assistant to join our team, reporting to Staci Harris, Client Service Manager. The successful candidate will possess exceptional attention to detail, as well as a strong command of the English language with emphasis on writing, grammar, and punctuation. The Client Service Assistant is expected to make a direct impact to the business by providing administrative support in onboarding clients, handling client correspondence and managing client data entry duties, in support of the Client Service team. Disclosure of vaccination status is required as a condition of employment; all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated as of January 2022, unless approved for a religious or medical accommodation.
• Supports the Client Service Specialist (CSS) team with the administrative duties of onboarding new clients: scanning of documents and forms, creating internal workflows, and following up on outstanding items requiring attention
• Prepare internal and external client related correspondence: proofread, edit and send correspondence, including mail merge documents using existing templates, and creating new ones.
• Primary point person in the creation and monitoring of electronic signature documents
• Prepare and process IRA Distribution forms, Beneficiary Change forms, Change of Address forms, LPOA’s, Moneylinks, Margin, Journals (simple requests) and SLOA requests
• Assists with processing client funds and securities
• Monitor custodial alerts for processing
• Monitoring and tracking of incoming correspondence for CSS Team
• Assists with new client onboardings
• Work with Salesforce CRM client database, including data entry (Gifting/Move Money)
• Manage internal SharePoint library for CSS Team
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• BA/BS degree required
• Minimum one (1) to two (2) years’ work experience in Financial Services office or administrative support
• Experience utilizing Charles Schwab Advisor Center, DocuSign, Tamarac, and Salesforce CRM, a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and business writing
• Proficient in all MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Professional, personable, tactful, efficient, and self-motivated
• Collaborative, creative, team player, and problem-solver
• Strong interpersonal skills and sense of teamwork valued
• Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded, and meticulous adherence to details required.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
This position is non-exempt and is paid according to the laws of the State of California.
Dowling & Yahnke offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package and profit-sharing plan. The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a full background/credit check at the offer stage.
Dowling & Yahnke, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. No relocation assistance is offered for this position; candidates not residing in San Diego County, CA will be responsible for relocation at their own expense. Eligible candidates will be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available.