Assistant Accountant – 12 - month fixed term contract
How would you like to work with a multiple award-winning manufacturing company with offices around the world? Based in Sydney Olympic Park, tna are an innovative and successful integrated packaging & processing solutions company with thousands of installed systems across 120 countries. tna design and manufacture high-speed packaging, distribution, and process equipment for the food industry. Click on www.tnasolutions.com to learn more about the organisation.
About the Role
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant who will be assisting the Accountants in the management of daily financial operations including reconciliations, invoicing, journal entries, Intercompany accounting, taxation and other ad-hoc duties
This position is based in Sydney Olympic Park – Australia and is for a 12 - month fixed term contract. (Potential for Extension).
- Preparation of management reporting pack for TNA Australia and regular financial and statistical reports for banks and government bodies.
- Performing G/L Reconciliations, Bank Reconciliations, P&L and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Managing and reconciling transactions between all tna legal entities for internal and external reporting, including, but not limited to inventory transfers, sales, COGS, financing, payroll, visa charges and intercompany payables/receivables.
- Managing the cross charges/invoicing and sending SOAs to subsidiaries
- Ensures regular communication with co-workers, intercompany vendors, and customers to resolve all issues and discrepancies.
- Collects monthly Expense Reports from staff, assist with the reconciliation, organize approval and payments, and record within AX.
- Credit card maintenance and reconciliation of monthly credit card statements.
- Month-end duties and journal entry preparation of company accounts (maintaining and posting to general ledger accounts).
- Maintenance of customer/vendor accounts, purpose codes and processing of CAPEX requisitions
- Ad hoc duties as required and assisting the Finance Team on their requests.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree Qualified Accountant and studying towards professional qualifications like CPA or CA preferred
- 12 months experience in similar role
- Must have experience of accounting principles, reconciliations.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods and practices
- Able to analyse and communicate qualitative and quantitative data
- Maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work
- Able to collect and organise accounting data, interpret its significance and prepare accurate financial reports
If you are interested in working with a highly talented team within a culture built on innovation, then email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role applicants must have permission to work in Australia.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At this stage, we are not considering introductions from agencies.