The Controller directs the day to day accounting and financial reporting operations, as well as management of existing accounting staff. This position also focuses on maintaining and enhancing accounting applications for primary company in addition to several holding companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include achieving positive results in the following key areas:
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of AUTOPAY’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Directs and plans the maintenance of fiscal records and preparation of financial reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings, based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Oversees determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Manages all tax reporting and updates with outside tax accountants.
- Coordinates annual audits and reviews of all company accounts.
- Directs financial planning and procurement.
- Maintains banking relationship and debt agreements.
- Provide on-going financial reporting and accounting systems to support the development of strategic initiatives, business plans and conforms to required GAAP principals.
- Manages tenant relationships; manages current building renovations, improvements, and day to day budgeting related to company office space.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required. Master’s degree or CPA preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible accounting experience as a Director of Accounting or Assistant Controller. A minimum of three (3) years of public accounting experience preferred. Previous experience in the financial services industry a plus.
- Expertise with annual audit preparation, financial reporting, budget development, cost accounting, and AP/AR. Previous experience with presenting findings and recommendations to executive management.
- Must be able to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities/projects, have accountability for task results, and experience with conducting vendor selection searches.
- Must be highly motivated and self-sufficient with proven leadership, and analytical, problem solving abilities.
- Language/Communication/Interpersonal: Ability to speak read and write fluent English. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on communication of channel operations. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the company. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and objectively coach associates and management through complex issues. Excellent presentation skills.
- Analytical: Detail oriented with ability to organize, prioritize and work independently. Strong reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Technical: Comfort with Microsoft Office, with intermediate Excel ability.
- Other: High level of personal motivation, professionalism, and integrity required. Ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RateGenius is an equal opportunity employer. With regard to hiring and promotions, qualified persons will not be denied employment opportunity based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage status, age 40 and over, disability, military status, or genetic information. Any questions or concerns about our EEO policy should be directed to Human Resources.