DESCRIPTIONTo perform a variety of secretarial/clerical functions in support of the CEO, Development, the administrative office team as well as other staff requiring assistance. The position is responsible for overall office operations, greeting visitors, answering phones, monitoring the security gate and fielding general questions in Spanish and English.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Supervised by the CFO.
May coordinate, direct, and monitor the work of other assistants or volunteers.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives calls and welcomes visitors; provides public assistance and information; answers questions; refers caller to appropriate person as needed.
- Has a friendly and calm demeanor when dealing with the public and staff.
- Maintain the campus telephone system which includes, addition/deletion of users and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Processes vehicle paperwork and registration. Maintains vehicle log.
- Performs and handles routine administrative tasks and special requests as needed
- Monitors front gate, issues security cards and maintains associated logs
- Monitors the issuance and use of all campus keys and maintains associated logs
- Opens, sorts, logs and distributes incoming mail
- Composes correspondence independently, within acceptable business writing parameters
- Orders supplies for all Rancho Cielo programs. Monitors supply inventory for the administration building.
- Provides excellent customer service
- Monitor the petty cash/gas card process and associated logs
- Completes data entry accurately
- Establishes and maintains a variety of records and files related to Rancho Cielo’s Administration using generally accepted office protocol
- Maintains log of offsite file boxes and is the point person for the offsite storage company.
- Backs up the Executive Assistant as needed. This includes data entry into donor software and creation of donor thank you letters.
- Proper English and Spanish usage, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary and spelling
- Office practices including computer software, filing systems, business correspondence, receptionist and telephone techniques
- Microsoft Office programs (word, excel, publisher and power point)
- Customer service principles
- Represent Rancho Cielo to public in friendly, cheerful, confident, and professional manner
- Multi-task, organize and prioritize work assignments
- Understand the organization and operations of Rancho Cielo
- Learn about the operations of all programs offered at the Ranch
- Learn, interpret, and apply policies and procedures
- Perform general secretarial/clerical work with speed and accuracy
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information
- Operate standard office equipment/machines such as copier, calculator, postage meter and personal computer
- Establish and accurately maintain a variety of complex records and files and prepare related reports
- Effectively and tactfully communicate in both oral and written forms
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties
Training and experience:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be: Three years of work experience as a receptionist or office assistant.
- A valid and appropriate California Driver's license
- Bilingual/Biliterate skills English/Spanish required
- A sense of humor!