jFresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs - https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Duration: 1 year with possible extension
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
Must be onsite. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Work closely with a wide variety of teams including Hardware Engineering, Research and Industrial Design to prototype the next generation of consumer electronics.
- Use of various fabrication processes and their correct implementation within the prototype path.
- Support every stage from concept ideation and develop through product completion.
- Work independently, demonstrate a high attention to detail, be customer oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter, well organized and have strong communication skills.
- Design iterate and test prototypes of concepts and products for evaluation, presentation and focus group studies.
- Collaborate with the Industrial Design, Engineering and Research teams to resolve complex design challenges.
- Create bespoke machined or printed parts and help improve the prototype process.
- Design and build Fixtures to support and validate advanced R&D initiatives to a high level of precision.
- Finish and assemble concepts to a high-level of presentation quality.
- Use hand sketches, computer aided designs (CAD) to create 3D models according to established specifications.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal teams and external vendors.
- Validate your designs to ensure they meet the deliverable requirements.
- 1-4 years experience in an Engineering/Design role within consumer electronics and familiarity with the product development process.
- Experience with system level design and working cross-functional with teams including Engineering, Product Design, Research, etc.
- Strong CAD experience (NX, Fusion 360, Rhino, SolidWorks), design of original parts and working with ID surfaces.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of the prototype development process, such as: 3D printing, molding, casting, functional prototypes, electrical integration and appearance models with aesthetic fit, finishes at a production-level appearance.
- Experience with problem solving and working independently.
- Experience in control and design of various devices.
- Knowledge of electrical subsystems.
- CNC machining
Education: BSME or related field or equal experience.
- Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
- The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
- We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
- We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
- Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.
If you are interested in becoming a Mechanical Engineer, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Mechanical Engineer for your reference.