You haven't searched anything yet.
Brunswick Group is seeking a highly organized, affable and ambitious Administrative Assistant. In this role, you will coordinate with other Administrative Assistants and the broader administrative and business services teams to effectively handle the offices switchboards, support senior client-facing staff with calendar and travel needs, and excellently initiate, coordinate and support the daily activities of offices across the U.S. This position offers future development and advancement opportunities within the administrative team within the broader U.S.
** This role requires onsite support Monday through Friday between the core hours of 9:00am-6:00pm ET, with flexibility before and after depending on the needs of the office **
• Operate as an administrative resource for both local and U.S.-based senior team members
• Maintain a firm grasp of how the firm, team members and priorities work in order to provide administrative support seamlessly across team members
• Participate in development and training opportunities
• Provide support with expense processing, timesheet entry, client meeting scheduling and travel bookings in a timely and accurate manner
• Identify areas of improvement and share new ways of working to continuously improve team performance
• Schedule and manage conference room reservations, anticipating and addressing in advance potential issues and navigating challenges as they arise
• Assist with office supplies and inventory, placing regular orders and unpacking / replenishing materials in the shipments
• Order and replenish snacks and drinks in office kitchen throughout the day
• Refill printers, fax machine and copiers with paper before shift starts and when it ends
• Conduct dishwasher operation throughout the day
• Post and distribute mail and coordinate FedEx deliveries
• Place catering orders for internal events
• File newspapers and magazines daily
• Check conference rooms throughout the day for neatness (remove perishables left from meetings)
• Organize and implement conferences, events and internal/external meetings and celebrations
• Update and distribute employee contact and phone extension lists
• Ability to provide support/back-up coverage to other administrative staff as needed
• Maintain strong internal relationships with U.S. and international Brunswick teams
• Perform related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum two (2) to four (4) years of administrative or operations experience in a fast-paced, confidential, client-driven professional services environment
• Candidate must have strong communication skills
• Works well independently and as a team player
• Candidate must be a great multi-tasker
• Ability to think on their feet and have impeccable judgment
• Ability to take on challenges and has a proactive approach to duties
• Comfortable working across time zones (domestic and international)
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Intermediate to Advanced software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for PC, Windows 2000, Internet)
• **Physical requirements may include the ability to lift and move boxes weighing up to 40 lbs. **
While not required, the following would be a plus:
• International work experience or knowledge
• Familiarization with and knowledge of the New York City area
Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues. Our purpose is to help the great value-creating organizations of the world play a more successful role in society. We advise on critical issues at the center of business, politics and society, and help our clients – the leaders of large, complex organizations – understand and navigate these interconnected worlds.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit center. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Compensation & Benefits
The applicant who is selected for this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
In New York City, the range of base compensation will be $65,000-$85,000.
If an offer is extended to an applicant in New York, the applicant will be paid in line with this range and based on the applicant’s experience and qualifications. This range applies only to the New York position, and salaries in other offices and regions will vary based on an applicant’s experience and qualifications, as well as the competitive landscape.
Bonus Eligibility: Annual discretionary bonus contingent upon individual performance and the overall performance of the Firm.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. Disability insurance. Employee assistance program. Flexible spending account. Health savings account. Life insurance. Paid Time Off: Vacation and sick leave, as well as paid Bank Holidays. Firm-sponsored 401K Plan with 3% safe harbor contribution of base and bonus – immediate vesting.
Other: Career training and development opportunities and employee discounts.
Inclusion and Diversity at Brunswick
Maintaining and strengthening a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace are pillars of Brunswick’s culture and key to our future success. Valuing and supporting every colleague as an individual while helping them reach their full potential is critical to attracting and developing our greatest strength – our people. By embracing our differences and diverse perspectives we create richer experiences within our firm and enhance the quality of the ideas and advice that we deliver to our clients.
Founded in London in 1987, Brunswick’s global partnership has grown organically to 24 offices in 15 countries. We began as a M&A and financial communications firm and, over time, expanded our capabilities and expertise to crisis communications and communications on other business critical issues. We invested in new offices, sectors and a wider variety of offers for clients such as public and regulatory affairs, major litigation, business and society, cyber, employee engagement and digital. Our in-house creative agency, Merchant Cantos, delivers creative, visual content for clients. We rank number 1 in the world over the last five years by global deal value and global deal volume and were named Band 1 advisors in the U.S. and the UK earlier this year by Chambers and Partners, the legal rankings service, as one of the very top communications firms offering legal and litigation support work.
Our CEO is Neal Wolin, based in Washington, D.C. Our Chairman is Sir Alan Parker, based in London.
In the U.S., we have offices in Chicago, Dallas, New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. In Brazil, we have an office in Sao Paulo. We advise clients on, among other things, domestic and cross border M&A, IPOs, activism, capital markets and investor relations, public and regulatory affairs, geopolitical issues, litigation, crisis, cyber, employee engagement, digital, opinion research and on broader reputation campaigns.
Colleagues in the U.S. are drawn from a variety of backgrounds and consist of in-depth industry and sector experts from banking, law, accounting, politics, government, journalism and the media, consulting and elsewhere. Our U.S. CEO is Nik Deogun. Examples of long-standing clients in the U.S. include Abbott, AIG, AT&T, Harley-Davidson, McKinsey, Microsoft, United Airlines, United Healthcare, Stanford Medicine, The Gates Foundation and Western Union.
For more information on Brunswick, including our offices and client offers, please visit our website: www.brunswickgroup.com
7,500 - 15,000
DAVID M FOULKES
$3B - $5B
Brunswick is an Illinois-based manufacturer and distributor of products including marine engines, boats and related accessories for the marine industry.