An established Hearing Healthcare private practice located in Dallas, TX is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to add to our medical assistant and patient care team. The candidate must be personable with excellent communication and organizational skills. This person is expected to aid with patient care coordination as well as be a medical assistant floater. We are a smaller practice, so this person is expected to support the primary physician as well as other office staff. This position demands a professional and positive attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take, record, and report patient vital signs using medical equipment.
· Escort or transport patients to exam rooms or other areas as directed.
· Assist in care of patients by preparing exam rooms for patient care, facilitate use of diagnostic equipment.
· Serve as overflow medical assistant on busy clinic days.
· Schedule appointments for established patients.
· Schedule incoming patient referrals / send out patient referrals following office visits.
· Pre-certify procedures and surgeries / insurance verification.
· Scan and/or fax administrative documents and diagnostic reports.
· Effectively handle patient calls and inquiries.
· Provide back-up billing support.
· Perform other duties as required to support the office.
· High School Diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
· Completion of Medical Assistant training in an approved program, or one year's experience in patient care
· Must be computer literate in all Microsoft Office programs.
· Must be able to work well independently.
· Must be detail-oriented and organized.
· EMR experience preferred.
The successful candidate will possess:
· Strong communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to handle clinic overflow and heavy administrative duties to provide top-notch service.
· Strong organizational skills.
· The desire to connect with and serve patients.
· Prior medical/ENT healthcare office experience a plus!
· Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
We are a practice with 2 locations. This position is primarily located at our Central office, but flexibility to travel to both locations is necessary.
Position is full time, Monday – Friday.
The job skills required for Medical Assistant (Bi-lingual Spanish) include Patient Care, Customer Service, Billing, Flexibility, Coordination, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Medical Assistant (Bi-lingual Spanish). That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Medical Assistant (Bi-lingual Spanish). Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Patient CareView Jobs
Customer ServiceView Jobs
If you are interested in becoming a Medical Assistant, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Medical Assistant for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Medical Assistant job description and responsibilities
“Medical assistants need to be compassionate, understanding, good listeners and problem solvers,” Pufall says.
01/16/2022: Waterloo, IA
“They are a great support to a medical practice by having the ability to perform both patient care duties and both front- and back-office duties.”.
02/06/2022: Longview, TX
Due to the variety of tasks and responsibilities, what a medical assistant does will depend on where they work.
12/26/2021: Phoenix, AZ
Medical Assistant duties vary by location, size of clinic, and specialty.
12/12/2021: Elkhart, IN
Medical assistants are also responsible for collecting samples for laboratory testing.
01/12/2022: Huntington, NY
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Medical Assistant jobs
Complete a Required Medical Assistant Program (One to Two Years).
12/20/2021: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dress Professionally and NEVER Be Too Casual.
01/29/2022: Benton Harbor, MI
Earn a high school diploma or GED.
01/20/2022: Port Arthur, TX
Earn a medical assisting diploma.
01/15/2022: Huntsville, AL
Obtain Medical Assistant Certification.
12/30/2021: Durham, NC
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Medical Assistant.