The Whole Foods Market Business/Data Analyst is solving highly complex data and reporting requests for workforce data, including gathering requirements, writing queries/extracting data, analyzing and building dashboards and data visualization tools necessary for Workforce Planning operations to make quick and effective workforce business decisions.
You will analyze performance within the labor and workforce management scope, develop methodologies and functionalities to automate and streamline reporting tools and databases using SQL, Python, Tableau/PowerBI Alteryx, Excel and MS Project in our commitment to operational excellence.
The Business/Data Analysts acts as the main information and reporting expert for the Labor & Workforce Planning Team and is a systems expert for the business as it relates to scheduling, forecasting and payroll related data and problems. You demonstrate leadership in critical thinking skills and challenges the department to analyze the business in new ways and continually drive results. You are also viewed as an expert in SQL, Python, Tableau, Power BI. Excel or other data related tools for the workforce planning team.
Cool things you are involved in:
- Conduct in-store observations to validate data
- Pull data from enterprise systems and perform required key analysis as needed
- Identify and communicate any data-related issues/recommendations and escalate appropriately
- Participate in user acceptance testing of new systems/reports or enhancements/modifications
- Ensure integrity of data structure, processes, and related tools and communicate details to other parties, like counterparts in Italy
Data Mining and Process Automation
- Play a key role in the startup of all projects requiring data analysis. Identify best practices to obtain information and develop a format to provide the information to management
- Develop complex Excel spreadsheets, automation formulas, and custom formatting of reports
- Manipulate data (merging or importing/exporting) between databases to provide more useful information Streamline processes to minimize time and ensure the highest level of accuracy, including validation before delivery to end-user
Report Creation & Data Analysis
- Perform analysis to identify trends, patterns, and relationships in the data, that provide answers to questions posed by management
- Translate raw data into business insights that enable better decision making for the department
- Prepare regular (weekly/monthly) reports utilizing the report-writing tools, i.e., Business Objects, MS Query, etc., continually modifying to meet new business requirements
What you bring to the table:
- MS Excel – ability/aptitude to learn/create complex spreadsheets using advanced formulas (V-lookups, IF statements; pivot tables; macros).
- Experience with Alteryx, Python, R, SQL, Tableau/Power BI and MS PowerPoint
- Analytical skills - able to gather data and extract conclusions from available data
- Data Mining – ability/aptitude to access reports and build/ manipulate queries
- Strong analytical and statistical skills - able to gather data, extract conclusions from available data (Lean Six Sigma is a plus)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to synthesize analyses into simple and clear written communications
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics or equivalent
- 2 years working in a business analytics environment (retail preferred)
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.