Become part of the WernerCo team!
WHY WERNER? BECAUSE WE ARE THE PRO'S CHOICE! You will find our market leading products and brands on trucks and job sites all over the world. Our team is focused on building relationships, insights, category analysis, and ultimately servicing our customer. On jobsites across America, and the world, WernerCo brands are most preferred amongst the PRO!
Do you want to be a part of an exciting team and be responsible for a growing piece of the business with the world’s largest and best-known Ladder, Jobsite/Truck Storage and Fall Protection brands in the world? We are looking for team players who want an exciting career and a unique opportunity to bring our organization to the next level. Our core values of teamwork, integrity, customer focus, community leadership, and continuous innovation drive everything we do which is why our PEOPLE are our most valued resource. Please review our requirements below and consider leveraging your talents with WernerCo.
Purpose of the Job:
Overall responsibility for managing sales and marketing strategies for climbing equipment, Jobsite Storage, Truck/ Van Equipment and Fall Protection products at the divisional level, including identifying and developing areas of sales growth and profit enhancement over the short, medium and long term. This role is specifically focused on the Regional Industrial Channel and E-Comm with an emphasis on new business development.
Candidates residing in Las Vegas or Salt Lake City preferred, May consider residents in Colorado.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
This self-motivated individual will provide support for, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Set the account strategy and align with both internal and external stakeholders focused on delivering profitable growth and expanding our line listing within the account.
- Full ownership and management of the HQ relationship including communication to all internal stakeholders regularly on all HQ updates – changes to leadership, programming updates, new product listings, supply chain challenges, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers creating a collaborative selling environment that ensures achievement of the market-share objective and profitability plans.
- Ownership of the new product introduction plan to all internal and external stakeholders including account specific programs, promotions, training plans, events, etc.
- Responsible for the management of the accounts website and ensuring all WernerCo brands are properly represented.
- Manage all National programming elements – pricing, rebates, co-op, etc.
- Align with RVPs on regional strategic plans and execution (merchandising, end-user conversion activities) and establish a regular review rhythm to track performance and drive accountability.
- Support events, trainings, key market meetings as required.
- Responsible for having a pulse on all end-user opportunities across the country and ensuring that there is a dedicated list of opportunities tied to said account. This includes ensuring all regions always have a clear list of targeted opportunities.
- Along with the business leader, establishes goals to ensure achievement of the market-share objective and profitability plans.
- Collaborate in the preparation of customer and strategic presentations including the annual and strategic business and marketing plans.
- Provide effective leadership and direction to the Manufacturers Rep Agencies and Account Managers.
- Report activities and progress against opportunities through SFDC and always keep current
- Provide accurate monthly forecasts for all assigned customers
- Provide appropriate training and instruction on products, selling functions, business management and administration to Customers, Manufacturers Rep Agencies, Account Managers, and internal personnel.
- Conduct periodic meetings and audits to determine effectiveness of competitive efforts and degree of achievement of business performance objectives.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related discipline.
- 5 to 10 years of business experience with increasing responsibilities in planning, marketing, and sales in the retail, wholesale, or professional building materials segments
- Demonstrated experience and execution in achievement of market share growth and profitability improvement for a $10M divisional business unit.
- Extensive commercial business knowledge.
- Strong E-Comm Selling Background
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Listening skills
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and Multi-tasking ability
- Initiative (self-starter)
- Willingness to travel 50%-70% of the time related to account development requirements