Provides expert direction, management, and assistance to managers, colleagues, and vendors in analysis and resolution of complex issues related to service and delivery of benefits administration. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for administration and technology support for Workday. Provides consultation and guidance in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures for managers and colleagues, and acts to minimize risk in all situations. Develops sustainable, efficient, and effective processes to support customers within the parameters of the department service level agreements. Markets department services and provides world class customer service.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of Human Resources, Health & Welfare Benefits implementation, annual enrollment, process integration and contact/service center operations, as normally obtained through an Associate’s Degree and four (4) to five (5) years of progressive experience with increased responsibility in an HR specialist or support role experience in a high volume work environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Systems, Human Resources or related field is preferred. A CEBS or PHR/PCP certification is preferred.
- Experience in vendor management preferred. Thorough understanding of benefit plan design and eligibility required.
- Advanced proficiency of HRIS required. Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of HRIS and HR processes, and an understanding of the downstream impact of transactions to benefits, pay, and other areas (Workday experience) Serves as subject matter expert on HR systems and tools and is able to identify when information appears out of alignment or incorrect. Familiarity with Workday, PeopleSoft, and Kronos time and attendance system preferred.
- Demonstrated decision making skills. Excellent communication skills, including strong listening and comprehension skills, and excellent human relations and interpersonal skills. Strong analytic, problem solving, judgment and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision while organizing and prioritizing workload. Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet established deadlines and, with composure, work in a face paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively interact and successfully represent the Department with higher level managers, other various departments, functional areas and health ministries.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Trinity Health.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of Trinity Health in leadership, behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Manages specialized Human Resource service delivery for the HR Service Center. Operates as subject matter expert in areas of vendor administration, life status change administration, health and welfare plan administration, employment life cycle administration, or other Human Resources functional areas. May serve as back-up for other specialty areas.
- Manages complex, escalated cases and acts to adjudicate appeals within the limits of the IRS Section 125 Plan and Trinity Health HR Policies. Reviews documentation and works with Total Rewards Benefits and Well-Being and the Legal Department to resolve cases and minimize exposure and risk.
- Acts independently to audit monthly vendor billings and eligible participant and dependent reporting. Reviews and reconciles discrepancies with payroll; processes eligibility reports, court orders and status changes with insurance carrier and Payroll.
- Acts as team trainer for the implementation of new processes, procedures, and policies and supports the process of RHM implementation in a shared service center environment. Ensures that all processes and procedures are fully documented and updated for access in the Knowledge Base.
- Leads projects, such as Open Enrollment for supported RHM's to include coordination and timing of communications, website set-up, system testing, report generation, final report compilation and presentation to HR leadership.
- Responsible for the development of sustainable, efficient, and effective processes for the health ministries supported by the Department within the guaranteed service level agreements.
- Works with the manager to provide team analytics and metrics and assembles relevant data in a management presentation format. Utilizes presentation skills to provide project and customer service delivery updates to HR and RHM management.
- Relies on expert knowledge of Human Resource law, benefits plan design, IRS Code Section 125, ACA regulations, various payroll regulations, and HRIS reporting capabilities to effectively manage specialized job assignments.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with health ministry staff, Payroll, HR Operations, Legal Department, Total Rewards Benefits and Well-Being and vendors to facilitate efficient management of escalated assignments.
- Maintains strong attention to detail while focusing on customer excellence by building rapport and establishing trust.
- Supports and maintains an effective team environment by providing synergy to all processes.
- Utilizes case management system to accurately log case issues and notes for case assigned under stringent Legal Department requirements.
- Adheres to established regulations and ensures compliance for, processes, procedures, plans and systems.
- Maintains confidentiality of department and associate information according to established practice within HIPAA and NPPI guidelines.
- Performs administrative activities, which includes completion, review, and approval of HR business transactions, preparing statistical/operational reports and conducting data integrity audits. Participates, as a Department representative on cross/functional teams while maintaining regular work duties and performs other related duties as required.
- Maintains a working level knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health’s Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to them as they change frequently. Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
- Must be able to travel to the various Trinity Health sites 20%, as needed
- Must possess the ability to comply with Trinity Health policies and procedures.
- Communicates frequently, in person and over the phone, with people in all locations on product support issues. Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and in person communication.
- Operates in a typical office environment. The area is well lit, temperature controlled and free from hazards. There are no confined spaces.
- Manual dexterity for keyboard use is necessary as well as the ability to work ergonomically in an office environment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.