Stepp's Towing and Heavy Transport
The Dispatcher’s key role is to coordinate the logistics of all mobile units and communicate directives and other pertinent information to the Drivers while being the liaison between the customer and their assigned driver(s). Duties and responsibilities can vary depending on staffing levels and call volume of the specific division (towing or heavy transport). This is a full-time, hourly position with one of the most successful privately held towing and heavy transport companies in the country. Pay is commensurate with prior experience.
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday (3rd Shift-9pm-7am)
Please do not apply if you're looking for a remote position, unable to work the hours as described, or unable to pass a drug test and background check.
- Assess situations and prioritize calls.
- Proactively address problems and suggest solutions.
- Dispatch calls to Drivers in the most cost- and time- effective methods possible.
- Inform mobile units about orders and current traffic conditions.
- Oversee the route of Drivers and track delivery status.
- Coordinate schedules in the most effective manner.
- Audit and lock all calls.
- Provide reports to Supervisors.
- Communicate with Drivers via One To One Connect.
- Receive and answer emergency and non-emergency calls as needed.
- Perform duties of the Dispatcher Assistant and/or Call Taker in their absence.
- Passionate and motivated to grow / challenges are eagerly accepted.
- Proactively develop customer relationships and provide solutions by making efforts to listen and understand the customer (both internal and external).
- Maintain a high-quality professional appearance.
- Strive for continuous improvement by using new tools and processes.
- Treat co-workers with respect.
- Promote opportunities within and through referrals.
- 2 years of experience as a Dispatcher or similar position.
- Experience in data entry and customer service.
- Hands on experience working in stressful and/or emergency situations.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High School diploma.
- Strong computer skills.
Drug Free Workplace.
Background check required.
Stepp’s Towing and Heavy Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.