An Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the financial processing of transactions for an organization. Their duties include daily bookkeeping and record keeping, financial reporting and the preparation of tax records for financial audits.
Essential Job Functions:
Accounts Payable Specialists assist companies with invoicing and billing.
Key duties and responsibilities of an Accounts Payable Specialist include:
• Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs
• Handling accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
• Ensuring invoices are entered in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
• Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges. Notifying the Purchasing Department when discrepancies exist.
• Ensuring that invoices agree with receiving documentation. Work with Shipping and Receiving Department to resolve discrepancies.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
• Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data.
• Entering expense reports for reimbursement
• Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts.
Required Education and Experience:
2-year degree or 4 years experience in strategic financial management
Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks & typing
2 years experience with MRP systems and financial systems
Listening/Speaking skills to work with the public
Preferred Education and Experience:
Working knowledge of GAAP
Keen attention to detail, time management, and organization
The job skills required for Accounts Payable include Accounts Payable, Accounting, Microsoft Office, Attention to Detail, Time Management,and Purchasing etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Accounts Payable. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Accounts Payable. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.