The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is seeking a well-qualified staff whose diverse backgrounds contribute to serve the 1.4 million members of the Bronx County community and to pursue a safer Bronx through fair justice. Under the supervision of the Administrative Director and Deputy Administrative Director of the Trial Division, Team Leaders/ Supervisors will lead and manage the professional staff of a Trial Bureau, while maintaining a reduced caseload of their own.
- Oversee Trial Preparation Assistants, Case Aides, and Receptionist
- Assign professional staff to cases and track productivity
- Maintain a reduced caseload
- Train professional staff in day-to-day functions and work of the bureau
- Assist Management with Completing quarterly and annual evaluations for new and current employees
- Monitor professional staff scheduling, including regular work shifts, annual/sick leave, work assignments and supplemental duties
- Assign and transcribe Rikers Calls
- Serve as Liaison for E-justice
- Run Rap sheets, Arrest Photos
- Ensure staff is trained in proper Office and Bureau-specific procedures and policies.
- Ensure the front reception area is operating efficiently and effectively and adequately covered during business hours
- All other duties as assigned
- A baccalaureate degree preferred or a High School diploma/GED and prior work experience in a law firm, governmental agency, civic or community organization.
- Three years trial preparation or paralegal experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with general court services and functionalities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a discreet manner.
- Ability to manage and supervise others and promote a positive, professional work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment, and initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Post until filled
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.