The Maintenance Technician will perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily surveillance of building and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with company standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems and vendors relationships to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g., landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Vendor management
- Supervision of onsite vendors
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- High school diploma or equivalent; building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
- Must be able to traverse worksite in different types of weather and bend, climb, stretch, reach, and lean to make inspections.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at times.