HIRING NOW FOR A MECHANIC! The hourly rate for this position is $28.65.
Allweather Wood (AWW) is looking for an experienced Mechanic to work with us at our Loveland, CO facility. We offer hundreds of employees family-level wages and excellent benefits. Company paid benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The main focus of this position is to repair and maintain Company equipment and/or rolling stock in a safe and productive manner. This person must be able to operate hand and power tools, shop equipment, forklifts, frontend loaders, heelbooms, bobcats, and Company rolling stock.
- Maintain and repair equipment and/or rolling stock including trucks, forklifts, frontend loaders, heelbooms, pickups, quads and other rolling stock
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and vehicles; including cleaning, inspecting, testing and operating. Performs servicing and changes tires as needed
- Review maintenance records of AWW vehicles, monitor preventative maintenance schedules and update records after maintenance or repair work is completed
- Comply with hazardous materials written programs
- Operate power tools, jacks, hoists, grinders, welder and cutting torch; may cut, braze, weld and fabricate
- Work as an integral part of the Company shop team
- Clean up shop, wash bay and surrounding area daily
- Follow safe work practices at all times
- Maintain written service and repair records
- Position travels locally, usually by car, up to 25% of the time
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must maintain and carry a valid Colorado driver license and remain eligible and capable of operating company vehicles, including automobiles and trucks, in accordance with company policy guidelines
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of software
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear and frequently is required to climb or balance
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear and frequently is required to climb or balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This position requires wearing eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, leather or rubber gloves, chemical goggles, sleeve protection, dust mask, chaps and hard hat
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Valuing Diversity of our Workforce and Offering a Drug Free Workplace