KPM CPAs & Advisors (KPM) is seeking an experienced accountant to join our Non-Profit Audit team. We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset and strive to provide a combination of balance, teamwork, mutual respect, and trust. We recognize our professionals are at their best when provided with the opportunity to experience a full family and personal life and a challenging and rewarding career with growth potential. KPM provides a competitive salary and benefits package. Balance is possible; let us help you achieve it.
This position will perform a variety of audit, accounting, and financial work, including the following:
• Prepare & review monthly, quarterly, & yearly accounting & financial statements
• Analyze accounting records to assess accuracy
• Complete audit testing on financial statement accounts such as cash, accounts payable, or fixed assets
• Work with client personnel to reconcile account differences & analyze financial data
• Draft management letter comments & the audit report
• Complete special projects as needed
Understanding the scope of work this position includes, it requires a strong understanding of accounting and financial principals, plus the following:
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Top-notch client service skills
• Must be prompt, organized, & courteous
• Maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's clients & businesses
• Ability to work as a team player in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent MS Office Suite skills
Education and Credentials:
• CPA designation preferred, but not required
• 2 years non-profit or audit experience
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting
Since 1966, KPM has served a variety of industries and clientele, providing accounting, audit, tax, and consulting services to help clients prosper. The firm was recently named one of Biz 417’s ‘Best Places to Work’ and is one of the largest locally owned CPA and advisory firms in Southwest Missouri (Springfield Business Journal), a top Midwestern firm (Accounting Today), a top 300 firm in the U.S. (INSIDE Public Accounting), and one of ‘America’s Best Tax & Accounting Firms’ (Forbes). KPM also is a member of The Leading Edge Alliance and has office locations in Springfield and Branson. Visit www.kpmcpa.com to learn more.
KPM is an equal opportunity employer and employer decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or creed, disability, national origin, or any other protected status.
The job skills required for Experienced Accountant include Accounting, Accounts Payable, Financial Statements, CPA, Written Communication,and Confidentiality etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Experienced Accountant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Experienced Accountant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Accountant, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Accountant for your reference.