The Assistant Business Office Manager (ABOM) is responsible for clerical administration at the facility, including payroll, new hire orientation paperwork, benefits, receptionist duties, processing accounts payables and other duties assigned by the Business Office Manager (BOM). The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for payroll and time clock processing.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork is complete and submits to the Payroll consultant. Prepares new hire packets.
- Orients employees on benefit plans to ensure individuals have an understanding of benefit offerings and enrollment provisions. Counsel employees on plan specifications so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions. Processes required documents through Payroll and Benefits Consultants to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper benefit deductions, changes and terminations.
- Verifies and maintains license certifications, criminal background checks, nurse aide registry checks and recertification.
- Accepts payments and maintains petty cash.
- Records current invoices, scans past due invoices and sends to Accounts Payable.
- Maintains and tracks TB and Hep B compliance per the direction of the Director of Nursing.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, occasionally performs phone interviews, and ensures all staffing needs are met.
- Maintains job applications and resumes in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Administers and monitors all FMLA leave.
- Maintains and tracks Affirmative Action data and in-service hours.
- Notifies Work Comp Consultant of all work related injuries within 24 hours.
- Maintains and manages all Worker’s Compensation claims, files, logs and reports.
- Responsible for ordering and documentation of uniform distribution.
- Ensures exit interview forms are complete, collection of keys and any payables due to the company are deducted from employee’s last pay.
- Tracks evaluation process and notifies department managers of due dates.
- Oversees and tracks all employee incentive programs.
- Distributes funds to residents from RFMS accounts.
- Attends departmental meetings, in-service educational opportunities as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personnel information in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Works one weekend day as manager on duty as scheduled.
- Other related duties assigned by BOM/Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions in certain circumstances.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, governmental agencies and the general public.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all employee and resident information
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must be knowledgeable of computers, data entry, output, etc.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Must present a positive image of the facility.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years clerical experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.