Colonial Gardens, located in Blue Springs, MO, was added to our brand family in 2016. Founded in 1969, renovations began in 2017 to create an agritourism destination. It is the garden center, reimagined! We offer a greenhouse, nursery, café and coffee shop, event space, and farmer’s market. It’s where plants, food and farms connect. Educational classes promoting local agriculture and sustainability as well as private events are also offered.
Colonial Gardens is part of the DCA Outdoor family of brands. We are vertically integrated and take pride in being an industry leader. We’re not only streamlining the production and distribution of landscape products, but we are also working to reduce the carbon footprint. Through our continued growth and innovation, we will have the highest impact on our world.
We are searching for an Accounting and Human Resources Administrator who excels in in a fast-paced environment. A proactive individual that is detail oriented, disciplined in following best practices, thrives in owning multiple responsibilities, and enjoys providing support and training to others will find success in this role.
- Administration: Will partner in the support of accounting and human resources initiatives
- Accounting: Maintain ownership of the site general ledger and ensure full compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements. Monitor the financial performance of the site. Prepare and analyze the monthly financial reports and provide performance context and explanation for variances
- Human Resources: Manage the ADP recruitment process for tier 1-3 positions and conduct the onboarding process for all new employees. Maintain employee information accurately in ADP and assist all employees with benefits and policy questions. Ensure safety training and incident reporting is done timely
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for month-end close processes including payroll entries, depreciation, prepaids, intercompany and other general ledger entries as needed
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts monthly
- Perform fluctuation/variance analysis monthly to identify variances to prior year and budget; initiate corrective action in cooperation with site management team
- Accurately code customer invoices as received from the ERP
- Record cash collections, credit memos, and process bank deposits
- Enter A/P invoices from suppliers and process payments
- Provide management team with weekly financial position information
- Prepare financial statements for the month, quarter, and year and communicate those to management
- Assist in conducting audits
- Prepare budgets through collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data and making recommendations
- Work with Corporate Controller and CFO on special projects as needed
- Process bi-weekly payroll processing to ensure all employees are paid accurately and timely. Work with managers on correcting time cards
- Post, review and coordinate interviews for tier 1-3 positions/applicants in ADP
- Perform face to face interview screens for walk-in applicants
- Accurately maintain all employee information in ADP
- Work with corporate recruiting to write or update job descriptions and job ads for recruitment purposes
- Ensure deadlines are being met for Human Resources areas such as compliance, employee management, payroll, worker’s compensation, recruitment, safety, and employee benefits administration
- Participate in the safety committee meetings and ensure all training is complete at all West Coast locations
- Investigate employee relations issues in accordance with all company policies and procedures as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Subject matter expert in accounting
- Sense of urgency to adhere to deadlines
- Be present and focused on all situations at hand
- Trustworthy and has the ability to work with sensitive & confidential information without issues
- Objective thinking using facts and evidence to assess situations
- Required: BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related/relevant experience
- Required: 5 years’ experience in accounting with high transaction volume
- Required: Experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Required: 2 Human resources job experience
- Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish and English, multi-cultural
- Preferred: QuickBooks experience
- Preferred: Agribusiness experience highly desired
- Preferred: Inventory knowledge
Benefits you will Enjoy:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 1st of the month after 30 days
- Generous 401k match with immediate vesting
- Company paid life insurance, STD, & LTD
- PTO and paid holidays
- Company culture centered around growth and innovation
- Career development & recognition
DCA Outdoor, Inc, is a values based, purpose driven organization in service to our family of 12 brands. We operate in 6 states, have 700 employees with revenues of $99mm. We have revolutionized the green industry through national, vertical integration. An industry leader, our mission is to cultivate growth for our customers, our employees, our company, and our world.
Our Definite Chief Aim (DCA) is to streamline the production and distribution of landscape products. We are focused on growth, innovation, and collaboration, and believe these are the keys to our continued success and will have the highest impact on our world.
We honor our core values and expect our employees to as well. They are work hard, take pride in your work, be optimistic and respectful, show commitment, and continually grow.
We invite individuals who think like we do and will position us for major organizational growth to apply today. Join us in revolutionizing the green industry!
If you meet the criteria for this position, please apply today. Either through this ad or by going to our website at www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
All applicants will be required to take the Culture Index survey. If you’d like to be considered faster, please copy and paste the following into your browser to complete the survey now: https://go.apply.ci/s/A550CC0000