If you are friendly, passionate, energetic and hardworking you are the person for us! The Guest Service Representative greets and assists with the guest arrivals and departures by handling guest check-ins and check outs while providing prompt and courteous service, including receiving telephone calls, guest requests, guest reservations, faxes and ensuring complete guest satisfaction. The ideal candidate must be a team player, willing to assist with a variety of duties, have the ability to multi-task be comfortable working alone potentially and MUST be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
· Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
· Check-in and check-out of the guest.
· Complete guest registration process.
· Must verify and imprint guest credit cards for authorization.
· Must be well versed in cash handling and accurately balance house bank.
· Assigns guests rooms based on preferences and availability.
· Drives the Revenue management process.
· Handling guest concerns in a tactful manner and achieving resolution.
· Answers questions in regards to the hotels facilities and services.
· Answering telephones and booking reservations.
· Answering guest inquiries i.e. directions.
· Recommending local area restaurants, points of interest, or needs for transportation.
· Maintaining cleanliness of front desk, lobby and back office.
· Following up with guest check-ins, complaints, and other requests.
· Interacting with other departments and employees to ensure a good working relationship or for guest needs.
· Understands all emergency procedures for incidents, accidents, fire, safety, or criminal activity.
· Ensures that Quality Standards and service are maintained for the Property, Product, and People.
· Must be able to work all shifts or varying schedules with possibility of being the only staff present to support business needs.
· Ensures Security for the hotel’s customers, employees, and property assets.
· Supports established policies and procedures for HMB Management and the hotels brand.
· Must be well groomed in uniform or business attire.
· Responsible for meeting the required standard of Reward Program enrollments.
· Perform other duties as requested.
The job skills required for Front Desk include Guest Service, Credit Card, Cash handling, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Front Desk. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Front Desk. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Front Desk positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Front Desk, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Front Desk Clerk, Sr. that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Front Desk. You can explore the career advancement for a Front Desk below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Front Desk, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Front Desk for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Front Desk job description and responsibilities
Front desk receptionists are expected to be personable, knowledgeable on office-related activities, and familiar with everyone.
01/31/2022: Indianapolis, IN
Front desk receptionists with more experience may have additional responsibilities, such as light bookkeeping and researching potential vendors.
01/25/2022: Jackson, MS
Front desk receptionists may also be asked to update appointment calendars, validate parking tickets, or perform filing and clerical duties.
12/13/2021: La Crosse, WI
Aspiring front desk receptionists should also have the ability to multitask, manage their time efficiently, and communicate effectively.
01/23/2022: Fairbanks, AK
Front desk receptionists typically hold a consistent office schedule and may even be eligible for direct deposit, paid vacations, or health benefits.
02/18/2022: Gainesville, FL
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Front Desk jobs
Front Office Administrator uses skills like Financial Arrangements, Payroll, Scheduling Patients, and Travel Arrangements on their resumes.
01/25/2022: Winston Salem, NC
Learn the Value of Good Presentation.
02/09/2022: Fresno, CA
Allowing employees to experience the service from the other side (that of the customer).
01/24/2022: Fargo, ND
Always meet the expression and unspoken needs of their visitors.
01/19/2022: Sacramento, CA
They have the ability to continuously learn and grow.
02/03/2022: Mobile, AL
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Front Desk.