Human Resources Manager
Pay Grade/Salary Range:
107 - $29,478.45 - $45,691.60 ($14.17 - $21.98 Hourly)- Salary starts below mid-point
This position performs a variety of specialized and complex clerical and technical activities related to recruitment, selection, new employee orientation and benefits.
The following statements describe the principal functions of the job and its scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive list of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
• Participates on the interview panel; extends offers of employment and notifies candidate of non-selection.
• Responds to Public Records requests in accordance with statute.
• Serves as a contact resource for benefits in the absence of the HR Generalist.
• Coordinates an employee Wellness Program in cooperation with the Agent of Record.
• Coordinates and assists employees with the annual Open Enrollment period for employee benefit programs.
• Conducts all activities in compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to insurance and benefit plans.
• Assists employees in completing health, dental, and life insurance forms.
• Enrolls employees in the Florida Retirement System.
• Prepares Personnel Action Forms and other related documents required to report employee changes.
• Conducts background checks (MVR, HCSO Records, FDLE Records, business and personal references, education and military service documents).
• Prepares and maintains paper and electronic correspondence files.
• Initiates paperwork for FMLA, maintains tracking spreadsheet, and works closely with the Human Resources Manager and Risk Management Coordinator to monitor the employee status.
• Maintains the Sick Leave Pool and processes requests as necessary.
• Prepares and submits all insurance related invoices monthly.
• Assists when needed with the operations of the reception area for the Board of County Commissioners.
• Maintains a professional and safe unit and work area adhering to established safety policies and the image desired for the organization.
• Consistently follows Board policies and procedures.
• Responds productively to change and performs all other related tasks as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Human Resources practices, procedures, and methods.
• Knowledge of health insurance practices in government agencies and operations.
• Knowledge of employee benefit programs (flexible spending accounts, dental, life, and other insurances).
• Knowledge of current laws, regulations, and policies regarding: Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Workers Compensation, Equal Employment Opportunity, HIPAA, Title VI and Title VII, Labor Relations practices and immigrant employment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Skill in interviewing and evaluating applicants.
• Ability to use judgment and discretion in dealing with sensitive medical issues.
• Ability to utilize computer software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), financial and payroll software, and timekeeping software.
• Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors, Elected Officials, vendors, and the general public.
THE HIGHLANDS COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
Does not Discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religious belief, color, national origin, disability/handicap, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics or any other legally protected group/class. We are proud to be a drug free workplace. Screening tests for illegal drug use may be required as a condition of employment