Manages the purchasing of supplies and products used at a location. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories. Purchases and approves payment of items following the correct procedures that have been established.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Ensures compliance with all brand established systems and procedures.
• Creates a Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order System for the property and ensures employees are trained on this system.
• Conducts inventories.
• Ensures accurate administration of all invoices and adheres to proper bookkeeping procedures.
• Maintains operations by developing policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures inspection of all deliveries to verify accuracy and quality of product.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Implements and enforces all control procedures for property goods entering through the purchasing/receiving areas.
• Ensures staff is properly trained regarding procedures, sanitation, equipment handling and chemical usage.
• Ensures compliance with sanitary procedures.
• Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions etc.
Leading Purchasing Operations
• Supervises operations of Purchasing Department.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback and uses an "open door policy."
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hiring training to successfully perform their job.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge of budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to maintain financial management of the department.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Keeps departments informed by confirming and clarifying purchase orders or contracts.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
|Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return, you’ll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.|
3,000 - 7,500
The job skills required for Director of Purchasing include Purchasing, Planning, Presentation, Accounting, Communication Skills, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Director of Purchasing. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Director of Purchasing. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Communication SkillsView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Director of Purchasing positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Director of Purchasing, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Top Gas Supply Executive that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Director of Purchasing. You can explore the career advancement for a Director of Purchasing below and select your interested title to get hiring information.