POSITION TITLE: Family Nurse Practitioner
DEPARTMENT: Family Medicine
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
POSITIOIN OVERVIEW: The Family Nurse Practitioner may perform his/her duties under the direct supervision of the physician. Supervision means overseeing the activities of, and accepting the responsibility for, the medical services rendered by a Family Nurse Practitioner. (The supervising physician need not be physically present at the time of services but shall be immediately available by telecommunications and within reasonable distance to assume personal care).
· Must have completed a Family Nurse Practitioner training program approved by the National Commission of Certification of Family Nurse Practitioners (NCCFNP).
· Must have a current valid license as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the Medical Board of California and Physician Assistant Examining Committee.
· Must have possession of/or eligible to apply for furnishing number.
· Previous clinical experience in adult and pediatric assessment and treatment preferred.
· Must possess a willingness to work with a broad spectrum of patients and community programs.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
· Ability to speak Spanish Preferred.
· Commitment to the provision of high quality health care.
· Willingness to adapt to changes in clinic schedules, agency growth and expansion.
25 - 50
$5M - $10M
If you are interested in becoming a Nurse Practitioner, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Nurse Practitioner for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Nurse Practitioner job description and responsibilities
Family nurse practitioners streamline medical services by serving as the central point of care for their patients.
02/06/2022: Virginia Beach, VA
Nurse practitioners often work under the supervision of licensed physicians, and they can collaborate and work on teams with a variety of other medical and allied health professionals.
02/18/2022: Lancaster, PA
Nurse practitioners provide a full range of preventive, diagnostic and specialty health care services.
12/28/2021: Orlando, FL
Becoming a nurse practitioner enables nurses to advance their careers, building upon a solid nursing practice foundation to diversify specialty skill sets.
02/24/2022: Modesto, CA
Nurse practitioners are the designated personnel that ensure hospital’s medical records are kept updated and reflect any treatment that has been prescribed or administered.
02/09/2022: Vineland, NJ
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Nurse Practitioner jobs
Understand the Clinical Requirements for Becoming a Nurse Pracitioner.
12/30/2021: Fort Worth, TX
Become a Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP).
02/23/2022: Long Beach, CA
Create a learning environment for employees.
12/18/2021: Middlesex, NJ
Choose the Right Nurse Practitioner Resume Writing Format.
02/16/2022: Norwich, CT
Attain Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure.
02/09/2022: Rochester, NY
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Nurse Practitioner.