We are searching for a 1st Shift Production Manager to oversee the day shift in a fast-paced commercial bakery. This position will supervise, oversee, and coordinate the manufacturing of all products, which includes the maintenance of all production machinery, maintaining an accurate inventory, meeting production schedules, ensuring quality specifications are met, and properly documenting, recording and filing all related paperwork.
Schedule: This is a first-shift, Monday-Friday job, 12 hour shifts. You will work some weekends and some holidays.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $80,000.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee and manage all elements of the production of goods. Coordinate and manage the production staff in such a manner as to ensure that all company objectives and production schedules are continually met at minimal labor cost and with minimal production interruption.
- Provide overall supervision of the entire production staff. Responsibilities may include: interviewing and selecting job candidates; designating work assignments, providing the instruction; training employees; designating work assignments; reviewing work; establishing deadlines; conducting performance appraisals, and addressing and resolving issues.
- Continually review product quality levels and ensure that all Corporate and Plant quality standards are being achieved.
- Ensure compliance with all GMP, Company Procedures, and Facility Safety
- Accurately complete, process and file all daily logs, quality records, and any other related production paperwork.
- Review and monitor waste.
- Review production operation and processes and identify areas for improvement. Be able to offer recommendations for improvement and be able to successfully implement changes
- Monitor for the proper functioning of machinery and correct and/or provide notice of an issue.
- Participate in the tracking of inventory levels. Make procurement requests for any needed production materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Provide oversight and training of production staff and coordinate transition period between the different shifts to ensure expectations and goals are understood and met.
- Ensure manpower requirements are adequate to meet these expectations and goals.
- Ensure that staff strictly adheres to all housekeeping and safety rules, guidelines and procedures. In particular, enforce all lockout/tag-out procedures.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments including Scheduling, Inventory, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Complete all other duties the Supervisor deems necessary.
- Three years or more of high-volume production management experience.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, as well as a commitment to positive employee relations.
- Experience working in food manufacturing, or the consumer product industry is very beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is helpful.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in and around moving parts.
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, and controls.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, and crawl over uneven surfaces.
- Capable of reaching overhead and bending over.
- Ability to move about to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to say stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Bilingual: Ability to speak Spanish and English preferred
Benefits include full Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, paid time off and free bread!