Grow your career! Here, you’ll find advanced training, opportunities for promotion, and great benefits — all while making a real difference in the lives of seniors!
EmpowerMe Wellness is on a mission to improve the lives of seniors! We provide fully integrated on-site therapy, diagnostic lab testing, pharmacy services, and more at senior living communities nationwide. Our compassionate, experienced team of nearly 3,000 clinicians and professionals focus on improving the health and wellness of the seniors we serve. Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, EmpowerMe has a presence in 37 states and counting. You can find out more about us at empowerme.com!
As a Physical Therapist, you will be responsible for providing a full range of physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning, and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices, and ethical standards. You will also contribute to program development, quality improvement, and problem-solving in accordance with company-wide policies and clinical initiatives, to optimize each patient’s functional well-being and satisfaction.
- Perform appropriate assessment(s) and reassessment(s) of patient's functional abilities, including physical, emotional, cognitive, and sensory components to evaluate the necessity of skilled physical therapy intervention; identify and initiate clinically appropriate therapeutic intervention that is evidenced-based and comprehensive to the needs of the individual patient and/or as directed by physician orders in accordance with the standards for professional physical therapy practice, the state of employment and by the company
- Identify the need for, and make, referrals to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients
- Educate and communicate with patients, family members, and other patient care personnel regarding the individualized treatment plan for the patient; and routinely provide feedback to patients, their family member(s), and care staff personnel regarding progression, goal achievement, and discharge plans
- Assume supervisory responsibility and accountability of PTA(s) and/or physical therapy students in accordance with state and/or payer guidelines, including communication and documentation
- Assess, conduct appropriate intervention(s), and/or make recommendations to physician(s) regarding patient pain interfering with an optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation.
- Assist in training and orientation of EmpowerMe Wellness and/or community staff, as well as students, in relation to rehabilitation therapy
- Communicate professionally, clearly and maintain a good working relationship with physicians, care staff, the administrative team, and interdisciplinary teams, as well as demonstrate flexibility to ensure patient/facility/customer needs are being met
- Ensure documentation is completed, and charges are entered, in a timely, thorough and accurate manner and in accordance with state guidelines and company policy
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors; manages and operates equipment safely and correctly; maintaining department cleanliness and safety
- Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls, and takes appropriate action to remain within budget guidelines
- Maintain professional expertise through continued education as necessitated by licensure and as appropriate for the provision of specific treatments utilizing EmpowerMe Wellness educational resources when available
- Develop physical therapy department by frequently reviewing best practices, providing guidance for, and conducting, in-services and other educational training in compliance with federal and state professional requirements
- Participate in infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety, and fire safety programs, patient/family and team conferences and attend departmental / company training as requested, and provides positive contributions to interdepartmental discussions
- Achieve productivity goals and expectations as identified by the Company
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity - identify and address the psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families
- Complies with HIPAA & PHI guidelines and protects confidentiality at all times
- Offers to assist other staff and demonstrates flexibility in carrying out shared team functions including special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate program in Physical Therapy with one (1) year of experience in rehabilitation in senior care communities or related settings is preferred
- Current licensure, in good standing, as a Physical Therapist in the state or be eligible for a temporary license with supervision based on current state guidelines
- Basic Life Support/CPR certification
- Knowledge of Medicare payment systems and EHR/EMR systems
- Proven ability to build and maintain a patient caseload, specifically within a Med B setting
- Demonstrate proficiency in physical therapy modalities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible
- Passion to achieve results through self-motivation, initiative, and proactive orientation with a sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things, and to find/recommend solutions to problems
- Sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things, and to find/recommend solutions to problems
What We Offer For Full Time Employees:
-HSA and FSA
-Life and Disability Insurance
-Career Advancement Opportunities and Cross Training Opportunities
-FUN and much more
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.