Summary of Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests in a friendly, upbeat and positive manner, solves minor problems, and ensures guests have a great stay.
- Enters data into computer, including some minor accounting functions.
- Registers guests in and out of the conference center/resort.
- Establishes and secures proper guest credit. Handles any billing questions and inquiries.
- Utilizes customer service skills to help solve guest-related problems within scope of authority.
- Answers and directs all incoming calls and in-house calls received on the main switchboard console promptly and efficiently. Takes messages as required and delivers accordingly.
- Makes hospitality calls for new arrivals nightly.
- Performs all accounting duties including posting charges, account settlements, and shift closing.
- Maintains the front lobby area, ensuring cleanliness at all times.
- Coordinates guest recreation as needed. Assists Conference Planning staff as needed.
- Maintains accurate daily event information.
- Maintains daily posting of event sheet.
- Maintains supply of informational brochures, flyers, and maps.
- Maintains current knowledge of events in the area, points of interest, and services in the area.
- Comprehensive knowledge the park hours and special events.
Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must display and live out Lead with Love qualities strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture by being patient, kind, humble, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest, and committed.
- Able to make a friendly impression when speaking to or corresponding with guests, vendors, and other employees.
- Must reflect Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must be committed to continuous improvement.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must be able to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to act to meet their needs within company guidelines.
- Must be able to utilize effective communication, problem solving, conflict management and interpersonal skills.
- Must show appreciation of others.
- Able to perform duties consistent with creating a safe and secure environment for hosts and guests.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide with accuracy.
- Must maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities.
- Able to communicate effectively using standard English grammar and punctuation
- Able to tolerate various temperatures while working outdoors.
- Able to operate/drive a company vehicle with valid TN driver’s license and insurance.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Able to stand majority of the shift
At Dollywood Parks & Resorts, we create memories worth repeating. We do this every day across all properties, all located in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Ask anyone who has visited Dollywood Parks & Resorts and they will tell you this place is different. It’s not a difference that you can touch or see - it’s a difference you can feel. We are seeking candidates who will embody the heart and soul of our mission of creating memories worth repeating while bringing families closer together. This person also brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, creativity and genuine hospitality to the lives of our guests.
The Dollywood Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. The Dollywood Company drives a welcoming culture where ideas and decisions from all people support our efforts to be relevant in an ever-changing world.
Education and Experience Required
- Basic computer knowledge and usage preferred.
- At least six (6) months directly related front desk experience required.
- Previous experience in a hospitality environment strongly preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen.