Manager, GPS Financial Analysis
Deloitte is seeking a Manager in Financial Analysis for our growing Government and Public Services (GPS) practice. In this role, you will help GPS leadership assess and forecast the financial performance of the business, analyzing a wide variety of firm financial data and deriving actionable insights. You will join a team of experienced financial professionals and help us drive improvements to our financial analysis capabilities.
Work you'll do
As a Manager within our team, you will:
- Apply analytics, creative thinking, and new approaches to develop insights and recommendations to leadership inquiries that require knowledge of GPS industry, business, and operations
- Own a portfolio of financial reports in a variety of financial domains that are delivered to key business decisionmakers
- Lead a team of US and India-based professionals, ensuring the quality and timeliness of deliverables and fostering a collaborative culture of continuous improvement
- Drive process improvements to streamline existing report design and increase analytical depth
- Collaborate with other teams in Finance and Business Systems to build new data analysis and visualization solutions
- Present findings and results to senior leaders and colleagues
- Proactively identify opportunities to create new meaningful analyses and data analysis methods
Deloitte's GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Supporting our mission-driven clients in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public-sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Government marketplace.
Finance is within the GPS Enabling Areas team, providing world class support to Deloitte's internal leadership by developing new products and services to sustain competitive advantage, while consistently improving our existing collection of systems, processes, and functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or similar quantitative subject
- 8 years of relevant financial analysis experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Innovative data analytics, building analytics tools with multiple data sources from the ground up
- Working with various organization teams and leadership
- Problem solving skills
- Project management
- Business process improvement
- Experience working with offshore and remote teams preferred
- Formulating and delivering action plans for high profile strategic initiatives
- Advanced in MS Excel (5 years of extensive Excel experience)
- Must be able work with a team that is based in east coast time
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How You'll Grow
- Familiarity with government contracts
- Familiarity with a matrix organizational structure
- Professional services financial experience
- Experience with SAP Analysis for Office, IBM Cognos, and Tableau
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
If hired by GPS EFA and assigned to the GPS EFA Deference, Security, and Justice sector, the candidate must be a US Citizen.