The Payroll Administrator is primarily responsible for high volume, multi-state payroll processing for 200 employees in a fast-paced environment. This role will be responsible for collecting and reviewing employee information and hours, calculating wages, preparing, and processing payroll while maintaining accurate payroll records. The ability to analyze and investigate payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with federal, state and local laws are key in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and prepare semimonthly payroll and ad hoc payroll runs as required
- Assist with financial audits related to payroll records and associated general ledger
- Ensure compliance with all applicable wage and hour laws
- Maintaining payroll records including quarterly and annual tax reports
- Handles wage garnishments or any other payments as required by a court of law
- Reconcile time sheets payroll data
- Audits payroll information for accuracy
- Handles employee pay, benefit rate changes, and Paid Time Off Requests
- Perform periodic audits on employee salaries, deductions, and taxes
- Work closely with Human Resources on payroll-related issues
- Research and resolve payroll-related discrepancies with employees
- Credit Card Administration
- Employee expense report auditing & payment, including Concur administration
- Cash entry & application (including following up for remittances as needed)
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Experience with Concur preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- 3-5 years of full-cycle payroll experience
- Multi-state payroll experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- Occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds) may be required
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities/injuries to perform the essential functions of this role.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Frequent local travel required.