Our Sous Chefs are the orchestrators of the culinary experience for our guests and team members, caring for both with equal attention. Our culinary team members create exceptional dining experiences for our guests while leading a team of professionals, whether in a fast paced or fine dining setting. This is a great opportunity to provide unforgettable dishes while working for one of the leading vacation destinations in the world!
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you be successful in this role:
- Problem solving
- Team oriented
Picture yourself being a Sous Chef at Big Sky Resort and having the opportunity to:
- Assist the Chef with overall culinary direction and team development, while promoting a fun work environment
- Oversee the daily operation and execution of all menu items and recipes to ensure quality and efficiency for every dish and their presentation
- Follow established procedures, inventory systems and processes to assure compliance with our brand standards
- Step in any and ALL roles within the culinary operation during our busiest times
- Facilitate daily line-ups with service teams using excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate your cleanliness standards by maintaining impeccable order and organization
- Participate in outlet management meetings and training opportunities
- Accept and provide feedback and coaching regularly to support our team members and Chef
- Learn and follow our Boyne Standards and Boyne Basics to better serve our guests
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in culinary leadership
- Possess a passion for the culinary arts and the hospitality industry
- Proven experience in all kitchen stations, multiple cooking techniques and knife skills
- Knowledge of HACCP, proper food handling, food temperatures, kitchen equipment, tools and small wares
- Able to follow recipes, adhere to food allergies and propose menu items
- Have a strong sense of urgency and responsibility for completing work quickly and correctly
- Possess a friendly and persuasive communication style
- Exhibit clean work habits and ownership of a safe, clean work area
- Excel in an environment with varied tasks in a faster than average pace
- Work within established standards and procedures
- Be available to work early, mid-day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
- Be able to lift at least 25 pounds
How to stand out:
- Submit a resume with your application
- Be ServSafe certified (Food Handler, Food Allergen)
- Have proven prior experience
Enjoy these great benefits as a full time seasonal team member!
- FREE All Access Ski Pass and eligibility for Montana Ski Area Association (ski other Montana Resorts and Boyne properties for free)
- Discounted skiing for friends and family
- Discounted ski/snowboard lessons/rentals
- Discounts at all Big Sky Retail and Food and Beverage outlets
- Eligibility for affordable employee housing
- Discounted Lodging discounts for friends and family
- FREE Basecamp activities including zip line course
- Monthly employee events
About Big Sky Resort
Big Sky is a resort that specializes in offering lodging units, meeting spaces and skiing facilities.
The job skills required for Sous Chef include HACCP, Problem Solving, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Sous Chef.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Sous Chef.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Problem Solving
For the skill of HACCP
The following is the career advancement route for Sous Chef positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Sous Chef,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Kitchen Manager that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Sous Chef. You can explore the career advancement for a Sous Chef below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.