If you have a passion for travel, technology, and terminating things, then we have a job for you. Let’s be clear that when we say terminating things, we mean cables; otherwise, you may get the impression we are looking for cyborgs from the future. The role we have in mind is much more fun and rewarding and way less threatening. While there is some element of suspense, it usually involves not getting lost in some of the larger sports arenas we work on.
As an Installation Technician at Alpha Video, you will have the opportunity to travel the country and work on some of the most prestigious audiovisual and broadcast projects in the industry. From sports venues and broadcast facilities to conference rooms and classrooms, our install team gets to hone and show off their technical skills every day. You will integrate the latest digital video and audio solutions that take any projects you may have worked on up a notch. Are you ready to join us in the major leagues?
Alpha Video is looking for new team players that want to make a mark. If you are the type of tech that appreciates that cabling and labeling can be a work of art, solder and crimping is a craft, and watching racks of gear light up for the first time is a sheer joy, then we should talk.
- Pulling, installation, termination and labeling of audio, network, and video cabling per code and project requirements with minimal errors and/or rework.
Traits for Success
- Ability to terminate (solder, crimp, etc.) various types of audio, network, and video connections with minimal errors and/or rework.
- Installation of equipment in racks, consoles, tables, in/on walls, in/on ceilings, and other fixtures per project specifications with minimal errors and/or rework.
- Wiring of equipment in racks, consoles, tables, in/on walls, in/on ceilings, and other fixtures per project specifications with minimal errors and/or rework.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic and building drawings (CAD, Bluebeam, etc.,).
- High level of organization always keeping project tasks and work sites in an organized and clean manner.
- Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to installation process.
- Complete all tasks within budgeted time and all tasks are performed to meet or exceed Alpha Video & Audio quality standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of job site familiarity i.e., construction and corporate atmosphere.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a team
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems.
To qualify for this position:
- Technical background
- Obtain and/or maintain CTS certification (completed within 1st year of hire).
- Obtain/maintain Unlicensed Registration for low voltage work within the state of MN immediately upon hire.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two-year technical degree in low voltage electronics and/or networking or 2-3 years related work experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to travel up to 50% to 70% of the time and sometimes on a last-minute basis.
- Occasional evening, overnight, and weekend work.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 25’ tall and lift up to 75lbs.
- Proper and safe use of lifts, ladders, hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic tools.
- Must be able to work in cramped spaces and on uneven surfaces.
- Ongoing training/certification in industry related subjects.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Benefits We Offer:
As Alpha Video & Audio, Inc. strives to be a premiere provider of Audio and Video solutions for our clients, we also strive to be a premiere employer for our employees. We provide a full array of benefits including 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending accounts for medical and dependent child/elder care, and HSA. All our new full-time employees are eligible the first day of employment.
In addition, we offer a competitive annual time off package including holidays, vacation days, personal/sick leave days, birthday holiday, volunteering time off, and paid bereavement leave.
At Alpha Video and Audio, Inc. we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements, and experience. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.