You haven't searched anything yet.
Lutheran Village at Miller's Grant is currently seeking a full time floor tech to support the facilities department at our small Continuing Care Retirment community. The primary purpose of your position is to perform the day to day activities of the department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility to assure that they are maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
1. Responsible for all floor care and carpet care on the campus. Including but not limited to stripping, refinishing, buffing, shampooing and extracting.
2. Responsible for cleaning kitchen and dining floors quarterly.
3. Responsible for assisting with distribution of supplies for Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
4. Responsible for removing trash.
5. Responsible for assisting in resident room changes.
6. Responsible for other light maintenance jobs as required.
7. Responsible for periodic residential room shampooing.
8. General cleaning throughout facility as needed which includes, but is not limited to disinfecting, etc.
9. Responsible for event set up
10. Requires travel between various units within the community.
11. May require some overtime as needed.
1. Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
2. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
3. Ability to work with and interact effectively with all individuals within the organization, including coworkers, residents, family members, visitors, government representatives, and the general public.
4. Will not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Before starting work, new team members must be fully vaccinated and up to date with the CDC’s COVID vaccine schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person
Social & Legal Services
ELLICOTT CITY, MD
25 - 50
GEARY K MILLIKEN
$10M - $50M
Social & Legal Services
The Lutheran Village at Miller's Grant ideally located in Ellicott City, Maryland, just minutes from a historic downtown district and within an easy drive of Baltimore, Annapolis, and Washington D.C.
The job skills required for Floor Tech include Housekeeping, floor care, Planning, Life insurance, Laundry, Health insurance, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Floor Tech. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Floor Tech. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Floor Tech positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Floor Tech, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Janitor II that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Floor Tech. You can explore the career advancement for a Floor Tech below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Floor Tech, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Floor Tech for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Floor Tech job description and responsibilities
The floor tech will be responsible for the maintenance of all floor areas, and for sustaining high standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
12/12/2021: Riverside, CA
Remove Trash Floor techs empty trash cans and waste from floors, then properly dispose of these materials.
02/03/2022: Lompoc, CA
Regularly buffs floors using floor scrubbing and buffing machine.
12/18/2021: Grand Forks, ND
Strip and wax floors, mop and clean floors, understand chemicals usage, vacuum offices and common areas.
03/10/2022: Racine, WI
Clean and disinfect all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms.
02/09/2022: Salisbury, NC
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Floor Tech jobs
Follow established safety precautions Perform proper techniques of floor care and preparation of areas to be cleaned, buffed, stripped, or waxed.
01/27/2022: Twin Falls, ID
Candidate with working knowledge of proper floor cleaning procedures and a knowledge of floor machines necessary to perform assigned tasks.
12/27/2021: Killeen, TX
Give the floors a final pass with a clean, water-dampened mop to remove any cleaner residue.
01/31/2022: Chico, CA
Must be able to operate and maintain all floor cleaning/finishing equipment.
12/29/2021: Great Falls, MT
Shampoos and extracts carpets while operating floor machines proficiently and safely.
01/04/2022: Columbus, OH
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Floor Tech.