You haven't searched anything yet.
Lutheran Village at Miller's Grant, a CCRC Retirement Community in Ellicott City, is currently seeking a full time painter to join our facilities team. The primary purpose of the position is to insure the interior and exterior of Village property is properly painted and in good condition. This position will also be involved in minor maintenance activities and you will participate in special event set-up and take down.
1. Responsible for helping to maintain interior and exterior areas of the campus – properly painted and in good condition.
2. Responsible to complete tasks that have been assigned in and efficient time. (Properly follow-up on tasks that require drying time and complete.)
3. Assist in minor maintenance and special events set up and tear down as required by the Assistant Director of Facilities.
4. Make repairs to walls, ceilings and trim including spackle and caulk application
5. Properly prepare surfaces for painting including staging work area in safe manner
6. Assist in snow removal and other emergencies that Facilities Management is responsible for.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Facilities.
1.High school diploma or GED preferred
2. Previous painting experience is required.
3. Knowledge of types of paints, spackel, sanding, tools and techniques.
4. Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
5. Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
6. Ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
7. Patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
8. Ability to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
9. Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
10. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
11. Ability to work with and interact effectively with all individuals within the organization, including coworkers, residents, family members, visitors, government representatives, and the general public.
“Before starting work, new team members must be fully vaccinated and up to date with the CDC’s COVID vaccine schedule.”
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person
Social & Legal Services
ELLICOTT CITY, MD
25 - 50
GEARY K MILLIKEN
$10M - $50M
Social & Legal Services
The Lutheran Village at Miller's Grant ideally located in Ellicott City, Maryland, just minutes from a historic downtown district and within an easy drive of Baltimore, Annapolis, and Washington D.C.
The job skills required for Painter include Painting, Life insurance, Retirement Plans, Planning, Health insurance, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Painter. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Painter. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Painter positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Painter, it can be promoted into senior positions as an Aircraft Painter III that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Painter. You can explore the career advancement for a Painter below and select your interested title to get hiring information.