XPECT Solutions, Inc.
has built a strong reputation by supporting our clients in meeting their strategic goals and mission objectives. We provide high quality resources for a wide range of IT and security solutions at best-value pricing. Our success is built on a solid foundation of well-vetted, highly technical personnel, a disciplined project management approach, and an overarching commitment to customer service. We develop, test, deploy, and support exceptional solutions that enhance system functionality, while maximizing reliability and availability, and ensure the tightest security.
This position will support the FBI’s Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) which is tasked with the responsibility of continuously monitoring and maintaining the FBI's Enterprise computer system. The FBI manages a large number of programs that vary in scope and complexity to include three distinct networks at the Unclassified, Secret and Top Secret classification levels. Over 1,100 communication circuits connect three domestic data centers, 53 CONUS field divisions, three OCONUS field divisions, approximately 500 smaller domestic/OCONUS remote offices, and 91 offices located in foreign countries. The FBI services approximately 44,000 users. The EOC staff provides enterprise-level Information Technology (IT) operations and maintenance support for all applications, servers, network devices, wireless smartphones, multi-function printers and workspace equipment at all FBI facilities.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team on a new effort supporting our Federal Government Client in Chantilly, VA. The ideal candidate will be responsible to provide continuous monitoring and management of both unclassified and classified networks. The workweek for this position is Tuesday-Saturday, 3:30PM-Midnight.
The primary scope of this work shall be:
- As part of a team, providing crucial, proactive 24/7/365 enterprise-wide monitoring and maintenance of servers and other networked resources, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- On rotation, working as a Duty Officer to coordinate and manage Critical Tickets, ensuring appropriate updates and communication to all stakeholders.
Preferred Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Active Top Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain SCI
- Perform work onsite at the customer location in Chantilly, VA.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Windows virtual and physical servers and Windows 7 & 10 workstations.
- System Administrators must be well-versed in troubleshooting techniques for common issues that arise on workstations, servers, and industry-standard software such as Microsoft Office, Distributed File Systems, and Active Directory.
- Candidates should have experience with HP Service Manager or a similar ticketing system and HP monitoring tools such as OMW or comparable applications.
- Experience (troubleshooting, operations and maintenance) with the following platforms: Standalone server and blade server (commodity based) technology (e.g. Dell, HP)
- Experience with event management (managing and monitoring enterprise systems)
- Ability to interpret and triage events to appropriate solver groups
- Ability to reconcile configuration management artifacts (IT asset inventory) with Enterprise Management Tools (service views, device inventories)
- Understanding and working knowledge IT Service Management processes
- Experience with Enterprise Monitoring Products (Strongly Preferred: HP Operations Manager, Business Availability Center; Desired: Server Automation, Storage Essentials, and Network Node Manager).
- Experience with Enterprise Reporting Products (Such as, HP Reporter, HP Performance Manager, HP Performance Insight preferred)
- Windows 7 and newer version operating systems; software and hardware protocols; file system and hardware resource mapping; desktop and server security software.
Company Culture and Benefits:
Xpect Solutions, Inc.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
- Relevant Microsoft Certification a plus
- CompTIA A certification a plus
- 3 years’ experience providing similar support is desired
is a one-of-a-kind employer with a talented team that is cleared at various levels and is certified in dozens of industry-recognized certifications. Our talented staff are the key to our success. They bring the knowledge, experience and technical skills to deliver the best solutions to our customers.
We support our team by providing open communication, win-win partnerships with clients and vendors, a team-oriented culture that supports employee diversity, and a focus on professional development and growth for a long-lasting and happy career.
We offer a benefits package that is designed to keep our most important assets – our employees – healthy, happy, energized and moving forward. Our philosophy is simple – empower our employees with the benefits, resources and the financial incentives they need to be successful.
Below is an overview of our amazing benefits and perks:
• A competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plan.
• Retirement Savings Plan (with company match)
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
• 3 weeks of annual PTO
• 11 days of Holiday PTO
• Performance Awards
• Referral Bonus Plan (of up to $2,500/year)
• Education Reimbursement/Training (of up to $2,500/year)
Xpect Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law. EOE/M/F/D/V