A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
This is a cross functional branch development program targeting recent college graduates and/or those with equivalent work experience. The program is designed to attract the very best talent and provide selected candidates with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary for a successful career in operations. Program participants will complete a program that includes rotational assignments in various segments of the branch business with on-the-job training. Program associates act as role models of professionalism, ethical behavior and utilize effective decision making at all times. Program associates must thrive on challenge and a changing environment, while demanding continuous learning in a competitive, fast paced environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Participates in cross-functional job rotations in various areas of the branch and in a variety of developmental related tasks including , leadership development, mentor meetings, and other learning activities with the purpose of matching the individual with operations opportunities that best matches interests, skills and abilities.
- Utilizes learning programs to develop leadership and operations knowledge within the branch/facility.
- Experiences hands-on training needed to learn business systems and processes.
- Learns key interfaces within each area of the business as well as company culture.
- Represents TRUSTED values in all interactions with associates, customers and suppliers; works effectively with branch and corporate associates at all levels, consistently following all company policies and procedures.
- Adds value to assigned branch by participating in branch activities and completing assigned tasks in a timely manner and as directed.
Nature and Scope
- Works in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis and techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
- Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Construction Management or equivalent military experience with a minimum of 1 to 2 years of work experience.
- Driven to succeed with a competitive, energetic, professional, and goal-oriented attitude. Self-governed and takes initiative.
- Strong operations focus, including having the ability to partner with customers to develop value-added solutions and experience leading or building a team.
- Strong communication skills and experience conversing with team members and customers.
- Willing to relocate upon completing the program.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area General
Recruiter Baycora, Ashley
Req ID WCJR-016558