AM PM Diesel Services, Inc is a full service fleet maintenance company based in Haughton with 16 other locations across the United States.
We are seeking to hire Heavy duty CNG (compressed natural gas) Mechanics for our Haughton, LA Area facility! This is a long-term career opportunity with top pay, benefits, 401K, and paid vacation!
Primarily responsible for the repair, service, and maintenance on a vast number of customers equipment. This will include basic fleet maintenance PM Services, repair knowledge and troubleshooting of electrical, hydraulic, powertrain, engine components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Must be able to perform a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspections, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on heavy truck, trailers, and other specialized heavy equipment.
· Ability to understand and fill out service-related documents electronically within our system.
· Conduct preventative maintenance inspections to ensure maintenance activities are performed in a timely manner
· Clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintenance a safe work environment.
· Meet all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
· Familiarity with the oil & gas industry and experience working around heavy equipment is a must
· Read and interpret specifications and manuals
· Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment
· Ability to safely use hand and power tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices
· Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors, supervisors, and co-workers.
· Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and clear understanding of equipment safety
· Must have own tools.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
· Ability to be able to operate heavy equipment and other assignments as directed
· Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
· Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 2-3 years experience as heavy equipment/diesel mechanic with CNG certifications and experience
· Requires the ability to lift, push/pull and move up to 70 pounds. Must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting, and bending in a varied environment.
· crane and welding experience is a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Valid US Driver License (CDL is a Plus)
· Must maintain satisfactory driving record at all times which may be subject to approval by company's insurer and in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.
· In shop
· On-site at customers
· Service Call Breakdowns
· Moderate dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract of employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
50 - 100
Sports & Recreation
The following is the career advancement route for Diesel Mechanic positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Diesel Mechanic, it can be promoted into senior positions as an Automotive Mechanic II that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Diesel Mechanic. You can explore the career advancement for a Diesel Mechanic below and select your interested title to get hiring information.