WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30 offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
VHB’s Raleigh, NC Office is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team to support our land development projects. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope. Our past and present clients include commercial, office, residential, industrial, and hospitality developers; Higher education, healthcare and K thru 12 Institutional entities; municipal and local government agencies, federal agencies including NAVFAC, State DOT’s, and private interests throughout the eastern United States.
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects, including large-scale mixed-use developments, industrial, commercial, office, institutional, healthcare and residential
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Manage work and development of junior-level staff
- Manage significant tasks on small, medium, or large projects
- Assist in the development of new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
Skills and Attributes
- Highly Proficient in the following: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Project, MS Office
- Skills to implement the integrated services approach. Comprehensive understanding of design, details, and construction drawing preparation including site layout, grading, hardscape, drainage, and planting
- Knowledge of land development construction including codes and development regulations
- Knowledge of construction materials and detailing. Detail drawings, sections, and material specifications
- Excellent innovative design skills
- Project research and analysis
- Strong, creative engineering skills and ability to adhere to office standards
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 5 years of increasing engineering experience on complex projects
- PE licensure in NC or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- Experience in developing and compiling/producing site plans, construction documents, specification, and engineering reports
- Experience with GIS Systems is a plus
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.