Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, a member of Trinity Health, Mid-Atlantic, is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our Family MedicineTeam!
Shift: Full-time, days
The Certified Medical Assistant provides a lead role to support physicians and other Certified Medical Assistants for patient care and examinations, including exam preparation and lab work. This position is also responsible for being the NextGen super user supporting colleagues and physician in the Electronic Health Record.
- Pulls charts prior to patient's visit. Places flow sheets and necessary forms in correct location on charts. Documents in EMR 100% of the time. Completes all forms and/or templates used by the provider as directed by the physician.
- Collects and labels specimens according to policy.
- Answers telephone within three rings using standard greetings and scripts. Always uses polite, professional language and proper telephone etiquette.
- Exercises discretion and good judgement in releasing information. Handles all messages in a competent, confidential manner.
- Completes other duties as assigned by management or providers in a professional and timely fashion.
- Medical Assistant Certification or Registration within 90 days of hire (required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- 1 year of previous Medical Assistant experience in a Physician's office (preferred)
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- And more!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.