Position: Office Manager
Department: Seaford Sussex Chapel, 22318 Sussex Hwy, Seaford DE 19973
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time; 40 hours M-F 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
(Hours can be altered during those days per Corps Officers Request & Employee agreement)
Reporting Relationship: Corps Officer(s)
Salary and Grade: $15.75-$17.00 per hour (depending on experience and education);75 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low-cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Remitted Tuition Program
- Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
The Office Manager is responsible for assisting the Corps Officer(s) with daily office operations, including office reception, typing/preparing correspondence, data entry, sorting incoming and outgoing mail, record-keeping, maintaining supply/equipment inventory, staff scheduling, staff supervision, administrative support to the Corps Business Office, statistics reporting, scheduling, and overseeing volunteers
Office Manager Role:
Assist the Corps Officer(s) in daily office operations.
Assist Corp Officer(s) in supervising and managing staff and volunteers.
Oversee the switchboard and telephone responsibilities.
Organize and distribute all mail and packages to the proper department.
Responsible for ordering office supplies and maintenance related equipment.
Update and maintain inventory within a database.
Perform HR functions and documentation in accordance with TSA Policy.
Responsible for providing training for new employees regarding their responsibilities.
Review all staff timesheets for Corp Officer(s) to approve and sign. Upon completion, fax to the Divisional Payroll Department.
As overseen by the Corps Officer(s), assist with processing/organizing Corp financial operations, such as weekly check requests.
Provide a weekly senior meeting report, as well as deposit the cartridge funds.
Provide support to the Corps Officer(s) during seasonal programs, such as Angel Tree and the Red Kettle Program.
Maintain accurate and organized files and records in accordance with TSA Policy for all assigned departments.
Responsible for reviewing all Advisory Board Meeting Minutes and sending them to the Corps Officer(s) for approval, along with emailing Advisory Board members approved Minutes and upcoming agendas for future meetings.
Responsible for assisting in recruiting and training of volunteers, as well as scheduling and overseeing volunteers working in the Front Office and Food Pantry.
Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
Assist in the development and management of social media marketing.
Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content on social media.
Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
Bring awareness of Corps programs by posting in Facebook 5 times a week.
Bring awareness of Corps programs by posting in Instagram 3 times a week.
Bring awareness of Corps programs by posting in Google 3 times a week.
Responsible for Kettle Worker Applications.
Responsible for any other tasks, duties, and responsibilities assigned by the Corps Officer(s).
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- High school diploma or GED; Associates degree with intent on getting a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate well with a broad variety of constituents, including clients, leadership, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Must have the ability to use general office machines and be able to use a computer and telephone.
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office & Excel with the ability to learn new programs easily.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) ability is a plus in both verbal and written communication but is not required.
- Must possess the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every five (5) years thereafter.
- Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check, as well as the Joseph R. Biden III Clearance in Delaware.
- Must possess an appreciation for and understanding of the mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please submit your resume and cover letter as instructed below.
External candidates interested in this position please apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No Phone Calls Please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on October 12, 2022_____________________________________________________________
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.