Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Gates is a new lifestyle hotel in Key West offering an intimate setting that invites guests to celebrate the island’s colorful history and creative spirit. Mixing contemporary design and retro Floridian flair, The Gates Hotel features guestrooms with modern amenities that uniquely combine upscale sophistication and polished service with the island’s casual laidback vibe.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for ensuring proper review, timely processing and communications of all guests billing and the collection thereof, in accordance with Highgate Hotel’s policies and procedures.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
· Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in accordance with Highgate Hotel’s policies and procedures, to include but not limited to the application process, reference checks, credit limits, direct bill listing, deposit requirements and other credit related activities.
· Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements and schedules.
· Respond effectively to customer inquiries in a timely fashion. Communicate all issues and/or disputes to operating departments and supervisor.
· Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issue demand letters, monitor returned checks and chargebacks, perform collection calls and prepare bad debt write-offs.
· Ensure proper internal control by monitoring the guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related subsidiary ledgers.
· Implement credit training in operating department to include proper credit card, cash and check acceptance, limits and approval for direct bill listing.
· Monitor and prepare financial reports in accordance with Highgate Hotel requirements meeting various due dates; i.e., month end aging reports, weekly aging transmission to the Corporate Office, etc.
· Attend and contribute to periodic meetings (pre-convention, credit, etc.) to maintain favorable working relationships between employees to improve morale, productivity and efficiency.
· Keep supervisor informed of any unusual events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
· Maximize productivity, identify problem areas, and assist in finding and implementing solutions.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
· College course work in related field helpful.
· Ability to understand and utilize basic computer equipment and applications, to include word processing and spreadsheet applications.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
The job skills required for Accounts Receivable Clerk include Accounts Receivable, Billing, Credit Card, Problem Solving, Communicates Effectively, Confidentiality, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Accounts Receivable Clerk. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Accounts Receivable Clerk. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Accounts ReceivableView Jobs
Credit CardView Jobs
Problem SolvingView Jobs
Communicates EffectivelyView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Accounts Receivable Clerk positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Accounts Receivable Clerk, it can be promoted into senior positions as an Accounts Receivable Clerk II that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Accounts Receivable Clerk. You can explore the career advancement for an Accounts Receivable Clerk below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming an Accounts Receivable Clerk, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Accounts Receivable Clerk for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Accounts Receivable Clerk job description and responsibilities
An Accounts Receivable Clerk prepares accounts receivable transactions and processes customer payments.
01/31/2022: Fort Collins, CO
Accounts Receivable Clerks correctly bill clients for goods or services.
03/28/2022: Fresno, CA
Accounts Receivable Clerk works directly with customers to help them make the proper payments for goods and services.
02/26/2022: Petersburg, VA
An Accounts Receivable Clerk reports to the Accounting and Administrative Manager to ensure customers make their payments on time.
03/22/2022: Kennewick, WA
Accounts receivable professionals generate revenue for companies by ensuring that clients are properly billed for goods or services.
01/13/2022: Longview, TX
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Accounts Receivable Clerk jobs
Gain a full understanding of the accounts receivable role.
03/29/2022: Pascagoula, MS
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Accounts Receivable Clerk.