Purpose of Position:
Responsible for the direction of the Hotel & Retail, Food & Beverage, Facilities, Human Resources and EVS departments to optimize efficiency and maximize revenue/profits. Ensures the highest standards of guest service and safety are maintained.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze all Non-Gaming department results, determine opportunities to optimize programs, activities, staffing and control processes to ensure compliance with operating procedures and Gaming Commission regulations.
- Plan and develop policies and strategic objectives while implementing goals through department leaders.
- Confer with the CEO, CFO and the Casino Board of Directors (CBOD) and participate in the development, prioritization and coordination of the property’s strategic and master site planning.
- Implement direction set by CEO, CFO and the CBOD assuring implementation of programs to attain business plans.
- Assist CEO, CFO and the CBOD by providing day-to-day direction and oversight aligned with property objectives.
- Evaluate daily operations and weekly reports to CEO, CFO and the CBOD. Recommend operational improvements.
- Generate long-range economic Casino prospects for future growth in overall revenue or amenities offered.
- Analyze budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made and allocate established operating budget.
- Understand financial and operational aspects with responsibility for determining that sound business decisions are based on information from Operations, Finance and other departments as well as the CBOD.
- Develop long-term Casino Business Plans; confer with the CEO, CFO and the CBOD to prioritize short and long-term financial goals; participate in establishing major economic objectives and operating control policies.
- Responsible for staffing, training, evaluating and scheduling; with authority to hire, suspend and terminate.
- Regularly review and evaluate Casino performance and work with Department Directors and Executive Team members to take appropriate steps necessary to resolve unsatisfactory results or adverse operating conditions.
- Responsible for preparing reports to the CBOD, Tribal Council and the Tribal General Council, as needed, on key business metrics and strategic initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is required, unless otherwise waived by Executive Management.
• Requires six (6) years in a Casino Executive Management role, and ten (10) years of experience in Non-Gaming Operations.
• Excellent interpersonal, guest service, leadership, communication, decision-making, problem-solving, management skills and strategic perspective required.