Mechanical Design Engineer
Position Summary: Translates verbal and written design requests into accurate working mechanical and/or electrical drawings and bills of material.
· Collects accurate data to permit design preparation, from site and equipment surveys, supplier catalogues, and contacts, engineering, technical and manufacturing personnel, etc.
· In conjunction with process/project/design/plant engineer, prepares sketches and original design layouts for concept approval.
· Prepares accurate working drawings and bills of material sufficient for cost‑effective manufacture and installation of quality equipment buildings and services.
· Assists in solving design problems and improvements both in‑house and at supplier/manufacturer sites.
· Assists in installation and start‑up of equipment, buildings and services.
· Complies with established engineering design standards and procedures.
· Performs basic mathematic and engineering design calculations appropriate to assigned design projects.
· Keeps abreast of new equipment and technology availability for incorporation in new designs.
· Performs design function using both conventional and computer‑aided tools.
· Is committed to and promotes “Excellence Through Teamwork” throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Sumitomo Rubber, USA offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://sumitomorubberusa.com/
EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans, Sumitomo Rubber, USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
The job skills required for Mechanical Design Engineer include AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Bill of materials, Problem Solving, Design Engineering,and Project Design etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Mechanical Design Engineer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Mechanical Design Engineer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.