The Distribution Department’s objective is to support the company’s sales and profitability by efficiently and accurately picking, shipping, and receiving product while controlling expenses. The Distribution Team Lead (TL) supports this objective by overseeing workflow of the accurate completion of daily picking, shipping, receiving, and delivery operations utilizing inventory management system and tools. Execute the inventory management processes, procedures and policies as directed by management. Adheres to internal controls, policies and procedures.
Key Responsibility % of Time Allocation
1. Partners with Warehouse Supervisor of assigned location for optimal workflow management through a hands-on approach including but not limited to shipping, receiving, picking, and inventory control by:
2. Serve as a role model, trainer, and mentor for employees on policies, procedures and best practice standards.
1. Provides feedback to management on staff’s performance metrics and best practice standards.
2. Seeks input and investigate areas to improve efficiency and control expenses.
3. Provides recommendation to management on staffing, workflow, and equipment status to ensure optimal levels.
1. Contributes to regular staff meetings with team members on agenda items, topics, and performance metrics
2. Executes action plans to address operational areas needing improvement to ensure targets, goals and objectives are met.
3. Executes agreed upon plan for seasonal peaks and valleys of inventory flow for assigned location to address demands and to meet customers’ expectations.
1. Partners with distribution management to achieve annual location and department performance goals, objectives, and metrics to ensure operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
2. Gains input from staff and shares recommendations for areas of improvement with management
3. Incorporates agreed upon changes and improvements as needed to ensure optimal inventory and service levels are achieved
1. Assist with distribution projects and initiatives
2. Perform other distribution related duties as assigned
Minimum of high school diploma 1 year in industry / distribution experience. Progressive leadership and/or mentoring experience. Powered industrial trucks experience preferred. Valid Driver’s license with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
• Commitment to teamwork, a positive attitude, and is customer focused • Understands the importance of being accountable and practices transparency to build trusting partnership • Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines • Solid knowledge and a focus on safe working and driving procedures, policies, and regulations
• Anticipates and eliminates logistical bottlenecks
• Coaches, trains, and mentors team members
• Solid interpersonal, oral, and written communication and conflict resolution skills • Takes pride in their work and has a desire to maintain consistency in application of policies and procedures • Working knowledge of company software systems
• Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team • Works well under minimal supervision • Remains flexible with changing priorities and increasing demands
• Exhibits strong work ethic that results in high productivity and outstanding quality
The job skills required for Team Lead-2nd Shift include Customer Service, Shipping and Receiving, Leadership, Responsibility, Written Communication,and Initiative etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Team Lead-2nd Shift. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Team Lead-2nd Shift. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.