Purpose of this position:
Support to chef and cooks in preparation, service, and clean-up for meals served to residents and guests of HPM-ALCs.
Caring attitude toward the elderly, including those who may be physically frail or have dementia. Ability to read, write and follow directions provided in English. Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job. Must be at least 15 years of age. (Must provide workers permit from the school system if a non-graduated minor). Must obtain and maintain Food Handler Certification (Serv Safe). Must be able to pass the state-mandated criminal background screening and random drug testing.
Wage range: $13.00 to $15.00 hourly
1. Proper use and maintenance of equipment.
2. Informs supervisor when equipment is not working properly.
3. Carry food, supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
4. Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
5. Receives food deliveries, verify receipt against picking ticket; properly store items.
1. Make sure any trays sent out on Room Service are gathered and returned to the kitchen within 2 hours of mealtime.
2. Monitors food/plates that are returned to the kitchen. Informs cook if a particular food is not eaten by multiple residents.
3. Informs residents of meal choices
4. Serves properly (Serve from LEFT, Remove from RIGHT) Do NOT reach over or across a resident.
5. Do not touch food when serving: use tongs or other appropriate utensils.
6. Offers substitute items when residents decline a menu item. (as directed by the Chef)
7. Sets and clears tables properly and quietly
8. Pours coffee and beverages for residents in the dining room.
9. Treat all residents with dignity and respect
10. Assist in serving meals as directed by the cook.
11. Use plate covers as needed
1. Assist cook as directed
2. Wash, peel, cut, chop various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
3. Weigh and/or measure food as needed for meal preparation
4. Portion and wrap food as directed – either for storage, cooking, or serving
5. Proper use of plate covers and wraps for clean food delivery and storage
1. Handle dishes from the rim, glasses/cups from the handle or lowest portion of the item (never the mouth portion), and silverware by the handle.
2. Washes and sanitizes all dishware and utensils
3. Cleans dining room after meals - including sanitizing table tops, wiping down chairs, vacuuming etc. Also cleans salt and pepper shakers, sugar dishes, cream containers, etc.
4. Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment and service areas.
5. Put away all cleaned dishes.
6. Sweep and mop kitchen floors after each meal.
7. Comply with infection control protocols
8. Take and record temperatures of food, water, freezer, cooler as directed.
9. Remove trash and garbage from the kitchen: properly dispose of in a dumpster
1. Properly completes required documentation – including cleaning lists, food used, meals served, water temperatures, food temperatures, storage temperatures.
2. Follows safe food service and sanitation guidelines in all aspects of performing the job.
3. Other duties as assigned or as may be necessary to assure that the goals and objectives of this living center are fulfilled.
4. Be a goodwill ambassador for this living center
5. Comply with Life Safety policies and periodic “drills”
6. Participate in training opportunities
7. Report safety and health hazards to the Maintenance Supervisor
8. Work cooperatively with others on the same shift and across shifts
9. Report to work as scheduled
10. Compliance with all Resident Rights including confidentiality
11. Compliance with the guidelines stated in the Employee Handbook
12. Other duties as assigned or as may be necessary to meet the goals and objectives of this living center
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The job skills required for Culinary Server include food service, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Culinary Server. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Culinary Server. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
food serviceView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Culinary Server positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Culinary Server, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Fast Food Shift Supervisor that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Culinary Server. You can explore the career advancement for a Culinary Server below and select your interested title to get hiring information.