Attention high-energy Leaders!
We are on the lookout for your leadership skills. If you have experience as a Shift Lead; are great with school aged kids and you are service minded, this is the job for you.
Join our Spring Season Field Photography Team as a Picture Day Lead!
(January through May)
Additional $75 per week Attendance Bonus!
You are our ideal candidate if you are interested in:
- Leading/coaching others and interacting with kids
- Learning about portrait photography
- Learning to operate Canon DSLR 70D, 80D and newer
- Working a combination of outdoor and indoor photo shoots in a new environment every day
- Full-time hours Monday through Friday
- Have shift lead experience
The Picture Day Lead is team leader for each picture day event, delivering organization, communication, guidance and training. The primary objective of this role is to ensure our brand promise is fully delivered at every picture day event. In order to achieve this the PDL will successfully communicate with school staff and effectively and safely lead their team through each event.
- Keep up to date with the photography schedule, ensuring punctuality standards are met by the PDL and their team.
- Safely load and drive photography equipment to and from each job.
- Ensure that all equipment, accessories, documentation, and other materials required for picture day are transported to every assigned job.
- Liaise with school staff on arrival at the job site and throughout the day to ensure smooth running of picture day.
- Brief the photography team on arrival at job site, communicating job-specific information and any Company messages.
- During picture day maintain the most efficient workflow so that the picture day schedule is kept on time and the expectation of the school is met.
- Ensure the team follows all company guidelines and policies.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and other assistance to photographers.
- Take the lead in resolving any equipment or workflow issues during the day, communicating with support contacts as necessary.
- Complete a job report (Picture Day Snapshot) before leaving the job site, to include data on the job and equipment, also effective communication of any issues or important information concerning staff, school or other related matters.
- On return to School Portraits facility, offload vehicle; flag and isolate any equipment for repair or replacement as well as replenishing any supplies required for camera stations.
- Keep vehicle and equipment clean & organized; report any issues relating to vehicle maintenance.
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to meet performance standards in a deadline driven work environment
- Strong and creative problem solving skills
- Open and flexible availability
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience, preferably in a field-based role
- Proven experience in delivering excellent customer service in a demanding, deadline-driven role
- Experience as a photographer in a school environment (Preferred but not required
- Good driving record
- Clean background check
At School Portraits by Adams Photography we are in the people business! Relationships between our team and our customers are the driving force behind what we do every day. Since 2003 we have been providing memorable picture day experiences to schools throughout Southern California. We deliver full in-house service to hundreds of schools from the moment our fun and friendly Photographers capture that perfect smile, to the moment our production experts ship out customized products from our own production lab.
Chino Chino Hills Pomona Montclair Ontario Rancho Cucamonga Upland Claremont Diamond Bar Walnut Corona Eastvale Norco Riverside San Dimas Glendora Redlands
The job skills required for Shift Lead include Problem Solving, Leadership, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Shift Lead.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Shift Lead.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Problem Solving
For the skill of Leadership
Spread Your Wings